How much will the 3GS cost me?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ODog4523, Jun 15, 2009.

1. ODog4523 macrumors regular

ODog4523

Can anyone confirm?

I'm just 9 or so months into my ATT contract now. If I wanted to run out and get the 32gb 3GS, it would:

Cost me $499 to buy the phone and start a new contract. Keeping in mind I'd be paying to cancel my current agreement?

OR

Cost something like $799 to straight up buy the phone with no strings attached (if even allowed by ATT or Apple).

Correct??

Thanks!

2. Chris Welch macrumors 6502

$499 if you're "Early Upgrade" eligible. You don't "cancel" your current agreement. You just sign a new contract.

$699 to buy the 32GB at MSRP/unsubsidized.

3. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

This is correct.

4. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

Start the purchase procedure on the Apple site to find out. You'll enter your phone number and some other information, and then your pricing will be shown. This is all way before you actually make a purchase, and the only way to verify the prices for your account.

5. tyranical macrumors regular

6. AbjectEvolution macrumors 6502

I don't understand. How do you know if you are early upgrade eligible? How do I know if Apple is going to want $499 or $699 for the 32GB on Friday? I have been an AT&T customer since the launch of the original iPhone and I have only been late on my bill twice.

7. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

everyone should be "early upgrade eligible" call AT&T and ask or sure though

8. Slypr macrumors member

login to at&t's site and check

9. ineedamac macrumors 6502

I got this response when I tried to check it out on Apple's website.

I guess I am going to wait until next summer to upgrade my iPhone 3G. The iPhone 3GS just does not offer enough to make me want to upgrade for $499 especially when it is obvious there will be another new iPhone next summer when I can upgrade at the subsidized price. If I could get the iPhone 3GS for $199 now, I'd probably upgrade.

I'll just wait for now and read about how everyone loves the iPhone 3GS.