How much worse could it get?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TFMTASAD, Oct 14, 2008.

1. TFMTASAD macrumors regular

Let me tell you my story.

On September 17th I bought a 15" Penryn MBP with applecare. The superdrive went after a couple of days and I got it replaced on October 2nd. The replacement MBP had a broken keyboard right out of the box, so I got it replaced the next day.

The THIRD MBP I've had since then is ALSO having issues with the superdrive, it rejects cds, dvds, OSX install discs...it happens 3-4 times a day at least.

So there is basically 3 options in front of me right now.

1- I ask for a full refund (After THREE MBPs I don't think this would be too much to ask)

2- I call Applecare, loose my MBP for a couple of days for repairs which I can't afford right now, I need this machine to run everyday.

3- I call Applecare, argue with them until they accept to replace it. And if they do argue with them to NOT get a late 2008 model.

I'm bending toward asking a full refund, but I don't know how easy it'll be to get. Maybe I should phone the customer support instead of technical support, maybe whining to them would be more efficient.

2. monica23 macrumors newbie

Ask for a full refund or one of the new models as a replacement. If you need a matte screen then you'll have to stick with your current machine. Good luck!

3. TFMTASAD thread starter macrumors regular

UPDATE

I got a full refund today without any kind of penalties. Im buying a new MBP next week.

4. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

5. marvel2 macrumors 6502

Apple usually follows the 3 problem rule. 3 major issues with your machine, they will replace it with a new one.

6. Stang68 macrumors 6502a

Stang68

Why would he get a 17"? It is underpowered compared to the 15". All he would get is two more inches of real-estate. If you need a bigger screen, use a monitor. I was gonna get the 17" IF they updated it and they didnt do much to it.

7. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

He specifically stated he didn't want a new Late 2008 MacBook pro

8. Stang68 macrumors 6502a

Stang68

Oh, sorry :eek:

9. mbpcron macrumors member

mbpcron

Consider a refurb. Mine has been great because

a 6 - 8 month old refurb has had the bugs fixed, etc, and you save $$.

I bought a MBP 2.1 Rev C (made late 2006) in June 2007. By then all issues
    had been fixed and I never had a problem.

Why be on the bleeding edge.

IMHO