How much would a 2.4GHZ MACBOOK sell for?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by skedealz, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skedealz macrumors member

Info about me and this: I'm 17, and i have my own debit card but i have to ask/let my mom know what i buy on the internet. so i asked her about buying another second macbook pro to replace my first one. i showed her the advantages the second one had over my first one and i told her that i'd sell my macbook pro to someone really fast. I could've even done it the same day. However the auction was only gonna be up for 2 more hours and i couldn't help myself, so i bought it thinking it was a MBP. and basically what i want to know is, WHAT WOULD BE A GOOD&REASONABLE PRICE TO SELL THIS FOR?

I recently bought a macbook pro for $920 last month and i accidentally bought another macbook thinking it was a pro....
    Here was my thinking:
    First MBP had 2.16GHZ and no warranty, and i wanted to sell it so i could replace it with the 2.4GHZ macbook which also came included with 3 years of applecare. But after buying it, i found out that it was only a macbook and not a pro, so i was like oh shiiitt lol.

I tried contacting the guy right after my purchase to see if we could work something out since it was not what i wanted, and it just wasn't gonna work out. And i tried begging the guy right after sending my first message since i'd be in big trouble with my mom right after she told me to sell my first one first before buying another one. he told me he'd have no problem refunding me and relisting it however, i'd have to pay for the relisting fees for it which was huuuuge, somewhere on, around or more than $200, so i thought to myself, why don't i just take it and resell it then, i wouldn't lose as much money.

good thing my moms on vacation though and i'd be able to wait for the package to get here so i can resell it asap. what would be an ideal price to sell this for? i'll include below this what i was already thinking, asking for and info on the macbook.
    and btw, if no one here i know wants to buy it, im thinking of just putting it back up on ebay to sell. i'll ask about fees later if that is what it comes down to.

copy and pasted from my facebook marketplace:
    Condition: used

I WILL ONLY SELL TO PEOPLE FROM ******* HIGH SCHOOL OR PEOPLE I KNOW.
    The laptops in great condition, it came out early 2008. I'm selling this for $1,300 with 3 years of applecare included (expires 2011), however best offer gets it. This same exact laptop w/ 3 years of applecare included would cost you exactly $1,656.38 if you buy it directly from apple. You can check it out yourself, go to apples site, look at the macbooks and choose the second one that starts at $1,299 (without tax & applecare). Tax is $108.36 and applecare is $249.00. So I'm selling you the same package for the REAL starting price of the macbook. Check out the included screenshot from the apple store.
    [​IMG]

What would you rather pay for the same thing? $1,300.00 or $1,656.36?
    If you've got any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
    FB msg, comment, IM, AIM, text

-Size and weight
    Height: 1.08 inch (2.75 cm)
    Width: 12.78 inches (32.5 cm)
    Depth: 8.92 inches (22.7 cm)
    Weight: 5.0 pounds (2.27 kg)1

-Connections and expansion
    MagSafe power port
    Gigabit Ethernet port
    Mini-DVI port
    FireWire 400 port (up to 400 Mbps)
    Two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)
    Audio line in
    Audio line out
    Kensington cable lock slot

-Communications
    Built-in AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi wireless networking2 (based on IEEE 802.11n draft specification); IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
    Built-in Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
    Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)

-Audio
    Built-in stereo speakers
    Built-in omnidirectional microphone
    Combined optical digital audio input/audio line in (minijack)
    Combined optical digital audio output/audio line out (minijack)

-Installed software
    Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard (includes Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools)
    iLife ’08 (includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, GarageBand)

-Environmental status
    Majority of circuit board laminates are free of brominated flame retardants
    Majority of internal cables are PVC-free
    Meets ENERGY STAR requirements

-Display
    13.3-inch (diagonal) glossy widescreen TFT display with support for millions of colors
    Supported resolutions: 1280 by 800 (native), 1152 by 720, 1024 by 768, 1024 by 640, 800 by 600, 800 by 500, 720 by 480, and 640 by 480 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio
    Graphics and video support
    Intel GMA X3100 graphics processor with 144MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory3
    Extended desktop and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 1920 by 1200 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
    Built-in iSight camera
    Mini-DVI port

-2.4GHz MacBook
    160GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard disk drive
    2GB RAM
    Intel Core 2 Duo
    Dual Core
    8x slot-loading SuperDrive
    (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    Maximum write: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R; 4x DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, DVD+RW; 24x CD-R; 10x CD-RW

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.