How much would a screen replacement cost for edge plus?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by The Game 161, Dec 21, 2015.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Any clue? my friend has just smashed the bottom and runs all the way up the screen. What will her next step be?

send it off to samsung? that the only option? how much would a screen replacement be? will it be more due to the type of screen it is?

it was bought sim free

2. jamesrick80 Suspended

jamesrick80

It will definitely be more costly and that's the most expensive part of that device since its curved and has very specific manufacturing processes......the screen itself on the plus model is 150-200 in value....your friend should have had insurance on such an expensive device......

3. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

She's only had it 2 days but yes big mistake

4. billy the fish Suspended

5. three macrumors 6502a

three

From a quick search, it looks like the outer glass (with no LCD) will be about $30 - $40. But that requires separating the top layer of glass from the actual display, which is a tedious and very easy to mess up and destroy the entire panel. I'd suggest contacting Samsung and see what they'll do for you. It most likely won't be a free replacement but it'll be the best quality screen. Third party displays are never the same.

6. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Send it to Samsung and get them to provide a quote is the best thing to do. If your friend has house insurance tell her to check as that could very well cover it anyway, a lot of policy's in the UK do these day's regardless if it was bought SIM free or not.

7. JHUFrank macrumors 6502a

JHUFrank

several years back I had to RMA a screen repair of my Galaxy Note 2 to Samsung. They did a fine job, service was superb, but it did cost 200 dollars.