How much would it take for you to go back to legit ipod software?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by bazookafx3, Feb 21, 2008.

?

What would make you leave the jailbreaking cult?

1. Apple releaseing games for my ipod!

8 vote(s)
    17.0%
  2. More buisness software!

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  3. More chat features!

6 vote(s)
    12.8%
  4. Im never going to stop jailbreaking!

25 vote(s)
    53.2%
  5. Jailbreaking... hu?

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. bazookafx3 macrumors regular

Okay so im going to assume that 90% or more people on this section of this forum have jailbroken their ipod touch or are thinking about it, and why not? great apps, easy to use. But my question is what would apple have to release in order for you to return to non jailbroken methods? What apps would have to be released in order for you to not have to worry about jailbreaking? Do the poll and leave some responses .

2. Quasiportnoy macrumors regular

I chose "Jailbreaking...hu?" because that seemed the closest to "Other" for me.

Affordability and availability of software. Freeware (just a little even) would be wonderful.

3. dibara2003 macrumors 6502

the ability to customize so much keeps me jailbroken

4. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

Ill take a crack at this. I would go back to legit software, if they offered everything that I have now on my ipod, and it was free....

I'm guessing most people will fall into that category as well. You should add tha to your poll...

5. cjd82187 macrumors member

Well, I selected business because mainly, i want Cisco VPN support. I would also like some customization. And maybe a text editor (one that could save things in txt or python) and some kind of python GUI not through terminal since we would not be able to do anything else like changing files in that. I doubt we would get terminal with root access.

6. volk macrumors member

I would love to go legit, but I can't see myself stopping with the Jailbreaking thing. There are just too many cool apps out there to give up, plus the price is right :)

So far, I am still running 1.1.2 because I am completely satisfied with it. I can see Apple releasing some "killer" apps that would make me seriously debate whether or not to upgrade, but I would still probably wait until a Jailbreak had been figured out.

Telekinesis, iZoo, Pool, Finder, and Textedit own me right now.

7. buckycat36 macrumors newbie

If apple gave us free emulators and roms, which will never happen.

8. CVV1 macrumors member

CVV1

Alot of the apps would have to be like the ones I have because I jailbroke my ipod...I want something to customize the backround, dock, and icons.

9. oclor macrumors regular

I jailbreak for the games so I picked apple releasing games for my iPod. BUT those games better be for free.

10. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

now and then, whenever it suits my needs.. only went legit, becouse the usb cord from my 3rd gen ipod failed, and gave my PC the blue screen of death... took me a lont time to figure that out...

but never, (mostly) becouse apple will never allow rom support, or SSH, or finder... too much good stuff there....

11. Ferb 101 macrumors member

hmm, well to stop jailbreaking, i would want apple to release an update that we can install w.e apps we like from w/e source we wont, apple or non apple :)...and we DO NOT have to buy them....lol

the only way :D....other wise Jailbreaking it all the way :D

12. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iTouch 1.1.3 (JB'd): Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

Ditto. As long as "vanilla" firmware doesn't allow me to have custom wallpaper and icons, I'll be jailbroken. Why Apple insists that the home screen be fingerprint-and-smudge-showing black I'll never know.