How Much Would You Pay For A Box + Accessories?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by M0bile, Feb 4, 2009.

1. M0bile macrumors regular

2. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

I'd pay £35 at the most. The box can't be that much, and the rest is basically headphones, USB cable, and wall adaptor. Whic, may I add, Apple charge ridiculous amounts for :p

3. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

i wouldnt pay the $200 that it is currently at

4. kicko macrumors 65816

and to think i threw mine out lol $300:eek:

why would you want a box?? i can understand the headphones and cable but you can but that stuff under $60

strange poeple out there, i bet this one ends in a non-payment

5. M0bile thread starter macrumors regular

The only way I can see someone justifying this purchase is if they have a stolen iPhone or something that they don't have the box for... but I agree with the above poster- strange people out there. lol

6. schizoidwoman macrumors regular

On top of a steep hill in West Yorkshire.

I still have my iPhone box with all these accessories still in it (don't use the earbuds as I prefer to stick to my iPod and I charge using my iPod USB cable), so maybe I should stick mine on eBay and hope one of those strange people takes a bite!!!

7. slapguts macrumors 6502a

slapguts

Just bought an iPhone off Craigslist for $200 that came with the box, everything in it, the plastic from the screen, and even an Apple store bag.

8. stlbmxil macrumors newbie

obviously people are mistaking this for an actual iphone in box, most def won't pay due to misleading sale.

some people just aren't that e-savvy with their e-shopping.

9. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Hahahaha. It doesn't say that it comes with an iPhone 3G. It clearly states that you're getting the box and accessories. So whoever buys it, that's what they're gonna get.

10. M0bile thread starter macrumors regular

Hahaha agreed, and it's even listed as an accessory bundle in the category Cell Phone & PDA Accessories. :rolleyes:

11. Marky_Mark macrumors 6502a

Marky_Mark

Just let me check I've got this right. At this time of writing, some complete MORON has bid 338 bucks for some crappy headphones and a mains adaptor (the box is worthless - sorry to break it to you, folks).

It just goes to show that there's one born every minute. Unbelievable.

12. branjosef macrumors 6502a

branjosef

I would pay 1 dollar.

Could I borrow a dollar from someone?

13. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

who ever listed this is a big time dirtbag and who ever buys this is blind or either moronic. feel bad for people, I really do sometimes.

14. time2flyyy macrumors newbie

time2flyyy

The seller is listed as having 100% positive feedback... he is obviously trying to find the idiots out there.

15. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

The sale wont stand. The sellers intention is actually to lure the ebayers that dont read before they bid. He started the bid at $99.99, they usaually go for around $40.

16. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

My Box is neatly packed up, still has the clear plastic on the outside, using the Charger and USB Cable though.

17. M0bile thread starter macrumors regular

Can eBay regulate how much people charge for their items? Regardless of what the seller is charging, I think the buyer holds the ultimate responsibility for what they bid on and reading the description since the bid is a legal contract. Or at least that's how I conduct myself on eBay when I buy things. :confused:

18. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

This is a legit item, there is zero misinformation. he even listed it as an accessory

I don't blame the guy, there are idiots out there that should learn how to read.

19. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

you have a point.

20. M0bile thread starter macrumors regular

Looks like the auction got taken down. I bet the seller's gonna be bummed... :rolleyes:

21. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

I hate when ebayers dont read the auction and bid, then complain when they win so as not to pay. Ebay should ban their account. I sold a pair of shoes and the moron who won tells me he aint paying because they are fake. Why did he bid?

22. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

23. seand1111 macrumors regular

yes they did.....it was obvious by his starting bid ($99) and the wording of the listing title, that they were trying to give the impression that there was a 16g 3G iPhone in that listing. Even their little disclaimer at the bottom "by bidding you acknowledge that you have read the listing and FULLY understand it" was their hope to get by on a misleading title. I am happy to see that eBay pulled it...

Now that being said, I do think that people who bid it up are stupid and should learn to read over every auction with a “fine tooth comb”…

But it was intentionally misleading…

24. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

I dissagree. I read the auction and it clearly states box and accessories. It does not mention the inclusion of an iPhone anywhere. If you don't read the auction and just bid that is your own headache.

25. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

+1
    If the auction said that it included a phone, or specified the size of the phone or condition of a phone, then it would be misleading.
    As for the $99 starting price; The seller may sell it for however much he/she would like.