How much....

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lukeee, May 9, 2011.

1. lukeee macrumors newbie

how much will apple charge to fix my iphone 4 that gets error 28 when restoring and wont turn on. Ohh and its jailbroke sooo will they still fix it? :/

2. patp Guest

generally if you turn in a phone with a modified os, they have the right to refuse service. Your best bet is to try anything to get it back stock - restore, dfu mode etc before you take it back to Apple.
    I assume you've done the research about restoring, dfu and other tricks? search and see what you come up with

3. lukeee thread starter macrumors newbie

You can say that again. I have searched for days on how to fix it, i have tried DFU restore and everything, but no error 28 every time.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

As long as it's jailbroken they will about 99.9% turn you away. is it going into dfu mode at all can you update the firmware? Apple doesn't really repair they replace out of warranty is $199. if it's really a headache you can drop it in the toilet run it over with a truck and they replace it for $199 no questions asked. shoot I4 is probably still in warranty. Iclarified has the best dfu tutorials imo