How not to sell a product in 3 easy steps.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacBandit, Nov 18, 2009.

1. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

I am currently in the process of rebuilding the carburetors for a friend with a 75 Goldwing so I was looking for a good source of parts. I happen across a company that appeared to be legitimate and even read a couple recommendations online for them. Well from my point of view I wouldn't piss on their head if their hair was on fire. I've included my communications with the company below so you can decide for yourself. Keep in mind this is through ebay so the communication is through forms and not email. They do business under the names of Saber Cycle and Barracuda Bike Parts. I've included the entire transaction from start to finish. It's clear that with the very first response that the seller has me confused for someone else or thinks I asked something I didn't. However it turns from just weird to downright idiotic faster then you can blink an eye. I'm posting this here as I find it humorous and I wanted to share it with anyone else that might want to help me lower this guys rank on ebay.

2. harperjones99 macrumors 6502

They wont last long. Let their own stupidity sink them.

3. savoirfaire macrumors 6502

savoirfaire

NO SOUP FOR YOU! Just as well, op. Clearly you dodged a bullet by not buying from those guys...

4. charlesbronsen macrumors 6502a

charlesbronsen

Jesus! That's quite sad really. Tough to get good customer service these days from the shopping malls to the internets the consumer gets no love.

5. harperjones99 macrumors 6502

People who do business under multiple names are always suspect to me. I can't believe they are so stupid to engage someone in written form like that. All it takes is the right person to get ahold of it these days and post it on 4chan or something and you can be ruined.

Did you try calling them and seeing if the owner is aware his employees are behaving like this? If it IS the owner then screw em.

6. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

I'm glad you didn't get to far in business with this loser, but I'm not sure it's our place to help you flame him.

7. MacBandit thread starter macrumors 604

MacBandit

No I haven't called them yet but it's on my list of things to do.