How obvious is the yellow tint

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RedlegsFan, Apr 20, 2012.

1. RedlegsFan macrumors 6502

Just curious because my new iPad looks ok...I think! I guess the whites could be whiter but maybe is normal, which is fine by me.

But just wondering for those in the know, how obvious is the yellow screen tint on some?

2. pward macrumors member

As you're no doubt aware, the yellow tint issue has been the subject of much debate.

My view is that if you screen looks OK to you then don't worry about it and keep your new iPad.

3. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Agree^^^

If you have to ask, it looks OK to you. Why look for something to be unhappy about - just enjoy your iPad!:D

4. RedlegsFan thread starter macrumors 6502

5. iko. macrumors newbie

As some other people told you, enjoy it if you think it's alright. But if you're curious this picture shows my iPad below which I thought it was almost perfect. I have seen screens a lot more yellow than mine.

6. rz-jacks macrumors member

its pretty noticeable... pretty much as soon as you turn it on and see the apple logo you can tell, at least that's what happened to me. I returned my first one due to a yellow corner and waited a month. When I got my second one as soon as I turned it on and saw the apple logo I noticed the grey was off, and then when the big "iPad" intro screen appeared I just cringed and it was extremely obvious that it was messed up. And please note that this wasn't even comparing, this was just taking it out of the box in my room.

bottom line is: if you use your iPad for, lets say 15 minutes, (by itself) and you really don't see a tint on whites, (everything just pops and looks great) then your iPad is fine. But don't bother comparing it to other monitors, its useless. each one has different tints. I had the opportunity to play around with a perfect iPad and when I used it on its own the screen looked gorgeous and whites looked perfectly white and greys looked grey. It was only when I put it next to my mpb that I would notice a different tint. but thats just how monitors are. I don't think there's 2 screens I know of with the exact same tint

7. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

Attention Paid Android Shills:

There are no "yellow screens" other than the ones you make up and get cash to post about.

We see right through you.

BJ