How Odd.. NO Refurb MBP's in USA or Canada..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bobcan, Nov 7, 2011.

1. bobcan macrumors 6502a

bobcan

I'm not sure WHAT is going on, but there are NO Macbooks, Air or MBP in the Apple Store Refurb section as of early this morning.. in both USA and Canada.. Just plain gone.. Strange to see them 'all greyed out'..

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac

The iMacs are still there.. :confused:

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

This happens all the time. Surely you are aware that refurbs go on sale as they become available and there is a limited, non-guaranteed supply at any given time.

3. bobcan thread starter macrumors 6502a

bobcan

I've looked sporadically for the past couple of years, and NEVER have seen NONE listed.. Sometimes a few models are 'lighter than others' but there are none now.. Period.. You've actually seen this before..??

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Yes. Like I said, this happens not infrequently.

5. Kristine macrumors 6502a

There is also NONE in the Australian online refurb store.

6. LeiQQ macrumors regular

LeiQQ

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Taiwan store has airs.

7. Silmarien macrumors member

I had just checked Canadas store 10 hours ago and there were more than 6 MBPs available...

8. hafr macrumors 68030

In other countries, there are almost never any refurbs available at all, except for iPods and iPads.

9. Aimson macrumors newbie

10. newdeal macrumors 68020

this is pretty clearly a glitch and not an actual sell out of every refurb model of notebook

11. Lightnin Rick macrumors member

funny thing, I get emails every day from the refurb store telling what they have available and when I go there they are "Out of Stock".

12. hafr macrumors 68030

Care to elaborate on why it has to be a glitch that Apple have no MBP refurbs in stock in the states?

13. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

14. robgendreau macrumors 68030

Maybe they are now so reliable they don't need refurbishing….:rolleyes:

15. pmatch macrumors newbie

I don't know if it's a glitch or not, but I've been watching the refurb store for a few weeks to see if a certain MBP configuration shows up.

Yesterday afternoon they easily had 20 different refurbished notebooks from the $850-ish white macbooks and 2010 11 inch macbook airs to the top of the line 17 inch MBPs for $2200+. There wasn't a single category of notebook that didn't have a few variations for sale.

I doubt that yesterday evening they had an amazing run where someone came in and bought every single refurbished notebook they had including presumably not too popular models like intel core duo 13 inch pros and 2009 macbook airs, both of which I saw listed earlier Sunday.

So I'd lean towards either a glitch, or they're up to something.

A glitch might mean (for example) they're not sure of the inventory for whatever reason and aren't going to list the laptops until it's cleared up. They do clearly state that if they list an item it's available to purchase so it would make sense not to list products for sale if they don't know their stock.

Or they could be adding the 2011 Macbook Airs to the refurb store this week which may mean all the notebook pricing needs to be re-evaluated. For example considering how many refurbished 2010 macbook airs I saw in there, I don't think a lot of people were buying those much worse machines for the small discount over the 2011.

Or they could be up to something else, who knows, maybe they're overhauling how the refurb store works. Hopefully that's not the case..

16. djpuma macrumors regular

I hope they come back.

I've been on the hunt for a feb 2011 2.2Ghz refurb and they're gone everywhere.

17. CorporateFelon macrumors regular

CorporateFelon

Check out http://refurb.me/ The site follows the refurb store to let you know what is in stock and what is out of stock. You can set up an alert on out of stock items to send you an email when they come back in.

18. simswithguns macrumors newbie

Just checked out the site. I'm in school and saw that the campus store has 1 MBP 15in left for 1499 (obviously trying to get rid of old stock) and then looked online and saw that no refurbs were left. Hopefully some come back soon...

19. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

I'm thinking more along the lines of an inventory check or something other than a glitch.

20. Silmarien macrumors member

21. Berius macrumors member

I'm on the american site and they have 6 different pro's in stock?

22. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Well well well, that was faster than I was expecting.

Dang it, no ag-hi-rez 15" available.

23. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

So that air is actually new? Just being cleared because it was discontinued?
    and btw it was not out of stock (I think) when I checked.

Link please?

To the OP, I also noticed that the 4 gen iPod touches were taken down after the price drop. They probably need to reprice the 8gb model because a new one cost the same as a refurb did.

24. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I don't know why you people are freaking out. The refurb store inventory changes minute by minute. Sometimes there are no refurbs available for a certain model. That changes throughout the day. It's common for items to show up and be bought within minutes. At the time of this post, there are 3 MBAs and 6 MBPs on the refurb store. If you need help tracking a particular model you're interested in, use refurb.me.
    ScreenCap 17.png
    ScreenCap 18.png
    ScreenCap 19.png