How often are people removing the magsafe from their MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Thomas Davie, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Thomas Davie macrumors 6502

Mine is plugged in from Saturday evenings until Thursday night when I know I'm taking it to work. Plugged in about 8 hours on a Friday, and about 24 hours at my girlfriend's from Fri-Sat. So, it gets plugged/unplugged about 3 times per week, and I cycle the battery about every 3-4 weeks. I've never removed the magsafe by pulling on the cord, but by gently removing the plug with 2 fingers. It would be easier though if the plug part of the magsafe were bigger.

Tom

2. celticpride678

I usually keep my MagSafe in until it is green. Then, I unplug it until about 5%. It gives me a good 6 hours with Wi-Fi on.

3. xtrematrix macrumors newbie

Anywhere from once a day to once a week. (not a MBP, but close enough)

4. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I do the same charge it until full then over time during the day when it gets to critical 10% but no lower then 5% I plug it in, most of the times I will turn it off so it charges quicker.

What is the normal lifespan of uMB battery?

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Anywhere between 3 and 5 times a day. I take my MBP from home to work and back again.

6. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

Between 1 and 10 times a day, depending where I am working and what I am doing.

7. sukanas macrumors 6502a

sukanas

mine goes unplugged at least 3-6 times a day. i dont fuss about trying to 'drain' the battery each time, etc.. i personally dont notice any difference in battery life readings.. maybe a LITTLe bit but ill calibrate maybe once a month if i need to

note: MBP is meant to be plugged in and out... if you're going to constantly worry about it by keeping it plugged in, might as well have gotten a desktop

8. Thomas Davie thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh I'm not worried about keeping it plugged in, that's just my pattern of useage. I was curious about how other people use their MB's. And yup, I do have a nice, shiny iMac :)

thanks

Tom

9. MBP09 macrumors member

Plugged in until 100% then plugged out until 10%. I plug it to charge even when it's not 10% yet when i know i won't have an outlet wherever i'm going. I also plug it in when software updates require me too. But mostly plugged out until it gets 10%. When it gets to 100%, i haven't plugged it in for more than 2 hours once yet.... Is that ok?