How Often Are There Sales?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jfrancis04, Apr 7, 2017.

1. jfrancis04 macrumors 6502a

Curious to how often the Series 1 Apple Watch goes on sale? I bought one from Best Buy for full price and saw I missed the huge Target sale last week, which had them for $130 for the 38mm Series 1.

If they run the sales fairly often, I may take this one back to Best Buy for a return and then wait for a sale.

2. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

You do now that Best Buy price matches, don't you? Show them the Target ad and they will adjust your price.

As for how often they go on sale, there's no rhyme nor reason.

3. jfrancis04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, but the Target sale is over now. It was last week.

4. have24 macrumors newbie

That Target sale was also a price error by Target. Only a few people were able to take advantage of it before Target corrected their price. Target does occasionally run them at $70 off (which was what they truly were last week). I would say maybe once a month you'll see a Series 1 deal to bring the 38mm down to $200. No deals for Series 2 though.

5. jfrancis04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ahh, didn't realize it was a price error. Thanks for that! I may just end up keeping it. If I see one on sale over the next 2 weeks then I can go into Best Buy for a price match.

6. donster28 macrumors 65816

Why not try the refurbished ones? They're technically brand new. I just got a SB SS 42mm Series 2 which is flawless and I saved over $100.

7. have24 macrumors newbie

You may also be able to do a price match through your credit card as well depending on what you used to buy it. However some credit card companies such as Chase and Discover consider the Apple Watch a piece of jewelry and do not price match jewelry. I'm pretty sure Citi considers it technology and will price match (up to 60 days on my Citi card).

8. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

As for pricing errors: meaningless. Walmart.com had Beats Solo3 wireless for $149, an OBVIOUS pricing error, and Best Buy price matched them.

As for the series 2, Best Buy.com had the SS 42mm with white sport band for $499. Haven't seen any other sales on Series 2 in recent memory.

9. jfrancis04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not sure you're following my situation here...the sale/price error is over. I can't get anything price matched right now.

The reason for the thread was to see how often they go in sale and determine if I would be better off returning it and waiting for a sale. The pricing error isn't "meaningless" for me because that is something that's very unlikely to happen again, which makes me more inclined to keep the watch. Even so, if they run $70 sales often, then maybe I'll get lucky over the next week or so.

10. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

I realize the sale is over, but what I was saying is that Best Buy doesn't care if it's an error. If it shows up on the website when you are at the store, they will match it. Keep a look out, a new sale may just happen with no warning. Good luck!

11. jdag macrumors 6502a

$70 off of the Series 1 at Target seems to be the most common "normal" sale. They run it fairly regularly, maybe once a month or so. I would guess that they will run it at least around Mother's and Father's days (May 14 and June 18 this year).

As for the pricing error, it was something that was spotted by people overnight, off hours. So while some (including me) were able to grab watches at $140 off, it was corrected fairly quickly, and likely before you'd have been able to get a price match (again, it was only visible overnight).

And the error was not "blatant", it was only visible at checkout. So getting a price match would likely be very hit-and-miss anyhow. In fact, many people reported that even Target was not matching their own price and even cancelling some orders.

12. jfrancis04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Watches...have one you want to sell? :D

13. have24 macrumors newbie

Their pricing error is the only reason I ended up getting an Apple Watch. Picked up 1 42mm which is on my wrist now and 3 38mm which I was able to sell on Craigslist pretty quickly to cover the cost of the one I kept.

14. jdag macrumors 6502a

No, I did not buy to resell. I bought 4, 2 38mm and 2 42mm, for a total of $600 (would have been $1,120). But all were for myself/family.

15. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I definitely think Best Buy and Target would be the two main stores I would watch online for sale prices. You never know when they will drop and they both are reputable big box retailers with adequate inventory at times.

16. jdag macrumors 6502a

17. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Nice. Thanks for this link. Definitely helpful to have the advantage over others. (If they were not aware of it already.)