Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lindseybp

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Anyone know how often apple stores get new watch shipments? When I check online at apple all stores near me have zero stock of GPS+LTE in any color/size combo. I'm trying to find any size/color GPS+LTE for an elderly relative and she will have no idea how to set it up when I leave for my flight at 2pm Saturday so hoping to find one somewhere before then. Hoping to use this to make sure she gets reminders to take her meds, potential fall detection and emergency calling if needed, etc. I know it's not foolproof but it will be better than what she has now which is nothing at all except an iPhone which she is prone to forget. I did look at the istocknow site but I'm not sure if that's the best way to try to find one. Should I just show up at our apple store right before open tomorrow? Any suggestions on how to snag one of these would be appreciated. Thanks.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Almost every day, I believe. Visit istocknow.com or the Apple Store everyday until you find what you want. 8AM is when Apple says to check their site.

edhchoe

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2011
It seems the inventory updates every morning around 8am.
They always have the AW4 and iphone XS in stock in the morning.
And they run out of them by noon.

Pseudo-Fed

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2017
Every day, randomly, with supposedly no knowledge of what's coming. Two different store manager types in the Dallas Fort Worth area told me that TUESDAYS are their larger shipment days.

After missing out on a 44 stainless/white sport band despite being in line at 2:00 am on launch Friday, I went back to store Monday at lunch and got one from walk in stock (still not showing on iStockNow or Apple because the stock level was not above a certain #).

Then, I decided I might want SBSS instead, or in ADDITION. On Tuesday at 11:00 I visited my Fort Worth store. None in stock, but "many large boxes being checked in". 30 mins later I got both iStockNow alert and Apple Store app showed SBSS with black sport band in stock. I reserved one and picked it up that afternoon.

Set up iStockNow alerts, but realize they don't work unless stock level is above certain number. Otherwise, show up mid-morning after they've had time to unpack and check in their inventory.....Good luck.

mkstewartesq@co

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
I was told by one employee last week that they often get multiple shipments in a day, one in the morning, one mid-afternoon. When they had none of the model I wanted at opening time, he told me to check back around 3:00 to see what their afternoon shipment brought. (And he did confirm that there had to be a certain number of of given model received in a shipment before any would appear in online inventory. The first [X] number of a given model are reserved for walk-ins and do not show up online. If a store receives less than that threshold, none show up online for pickup.)

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
I checked istocknow, and it said my closest Apple Store had the exact model I wanted in stock. I drove over and got it right then.

It wouldn’t have been shipped until November, if I had ordered online.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.