How often do you change your complications ?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by GC251114, Apr 13, 2018.

1. GC251114 macrumors 6502

Evening all.

Is it just me that is still looking to find the perfect selection of complications to my watch face.

I’m specifically talking about the Modular Watch Face as it seems to be the one that allows the most complications at one time. The thing is about 3 weeks ago I suffered a stress fracture to my tubular. This has left me in some discomfort with a leg brace & crutches to be used all times for at least 4 weeks. So due to this I’ve taken the Activity complication off as I know I will not close my rings regular enough to need to keep checking. That reason & fact it annoys me too much still the fact I can’t cutrently exercise & don’t want that reminder.

Anyway , so by taking this complication off I’m now struggling to settle on the perfect set up. Now the message complication allows unread number , this is a given for me. Likewise the date. It’s the last 2 spaces I go back & forward with. One day it’s weather , then another it’s alarms. Then maybe Spark email. Thing is I don’t have to have email as my wrist vibrates & I look. I see it’s an email & I don’t forget. I don’t always need alarm as I’m off work & don’t have to be up at certain time. You get the gist.

I know I can switch off or change face however I like modular & don’t like to see a space on watchface. In some respects I wish the modular allowed more , then I could just fill it & not bother about it. Grrrrrrrr 3rd world problems hey. Does anyone else go back & forth to get your perfect watch face or have I just far too much time on my hands ?

Oh & don’t get me started on what colour to have it all. Currently I have set too Volt as I’m loving the combo with white text.

2. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

I have two modular watch faces. Each serves different purpose. One is to provide some generic info. Weather, time, date, activity ring, battery and event. The other has Shazam, autosleep, music app, and now playing, as I like to listen to music a lot. I also have a photo watch face to slideshow my favourite characters.
    The main purpose of compilation is to display quick info. Then, it is the shortcut for launching app, for me.

3. Abazigal macrumors G4

Abazigal

I am using the Siri face and loving it. It's basically a revolving carousel showing me my calendar for the day, with my activity throw in from time to time (loving that feature from the latest software update). Plus it looks "sci-fi" enough to match the design of the apple watch.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I have not changed mine in a year or so.

Wish Apple would allow even more complications.

5. millerj123 macrumors 65816

I played with them the first week or so, and then left them alone.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Same here. I Picked the utility face with HR and weather in the top corners and my stock at the bottom. So used to it now that I can’t see changing unless they allow more.

7. Krayzkat, Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018

Krayzkat macrumors 6502a

Krayzkat

Here are are my watch faces and complications I use.

I use middle watch face as my ‘home screen’.

I can then swipe from the left to access all the info and complications on the watch face on the left; a recording app for note taking, date, Shazam, alarm app, and timer app.

From my ‘home screen’ watch face I can swipe from the right to get my activity rings and heart rate.

So combining the swiping from left and right from the ‘home screen’, I can do the usual swiping down for notifications and swiping up for the settings etc too.

I have also set the dock up with commonly used apps so all I do is press the button to access them.

Any other random apps I need access to I just press the Digital Crown and scroll down the list (I disabled that horrible circular beehive app selection screen).

I like this set up because I like having the simplistic watch face and this gives me access to everything I need with a swipe

Attached Files:

8. Lennyvalentin macrumors 65816

Lennyvalentin

Since wOS 3 I haven't changed my watchface at all. I'm using the large exercise rings face, with weather top-left (always having outside temperature visible is nice), reminders top-right and calendar at the bottom, showing the full day and date. I used to have battery indicator top-right, but as my battery always lasts a full day and the percentage is just an up-swipe away anyway I took it off.

In the dock I have stopwatch and timer, which I also used to have complications for, and the workout ring complication is the watchface itself, so no need to add that either. Other stuff I permanently keep in the dock is playing now, workout and Shazam.

This works really nice for me. I just wish a side-swipe could bring up a music control panel instead of switching between watchfaces; I only ever use one watchface. Playing now works okay, but as Apple isn't integrating 100% seamlessly with 3rd party music apps like Spotify you can't always start playback from there. If Spotify updates itself you need to launch it manually first; iOS can't do that for you sadly.

9. Ffosse macrumors 68000

10. iModFrenzy macrumors 6502a

iModFrenzy

I can’t seem to find one that really makes me pleased, Utility is what I used for a good year but I just want something new. The Hermès face looks fantastic but no way my Series 0 38mm AW is getting that LOL. I’m trying to use the modular one but not having a face that looks like a watch bothers me. Hope Apple attempts 3rd Party faces soon.

11. Dino F macrumors 68030

Dino F

I also use the Modular face as it allows for the most complications.

I have day/date in the top left, Activity in the centre (just below the time), then bottom left I have the temperature, with the weather conditions in the bottom centre, and then the sunrise/sunset in the final bottom right position.
    :)

12. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

When I added activity, I never saw anything on the carousel. Were they like reminders or just updates with your progress?

13. DoubleFlyaway macrumors 6502a

DoubleFlyaway

I like the Siri face except that I don't like the way it pulls random pictures. I don't need my ex husband popping up in my watch all the time, but I'm also not going to delete all my old family photos. So I don't use that watch face anymore

I wish it let you set up a folder to draw pictures from. Instead Siri creates "memories" and draws from there.

14. ckuttner macrumors member

ckuttner

I looked up a post from someone from quite a few years ago, and as a health professional, I have the same question: is there a face/complication that will give me a second hand and keep the face on for long enough, say 30 seconds, for me to take someone’s pulse?

15. drasl macrumors member

You could use the regular stopwatch or the stopwatch as a complication.

You would just need to change the wake setting so that if you tap the watch-face or stopwatch it will keep awake for 70 seconds instead of 15 seconds.

This will not influence the time the watch is awake if you glance at it. But if you tap the watch and then start a stopwach it will keep awake for 70 seconds.