How often do you change your watch face?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by esf215, May 22, 2015.

1. esf215 macrumors member

I like to change mine every few days. Hope apple update soon with more custom options.

2. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

I've been using the color face mostly and have been changing the color from time to time according to my clothes and/or mood. I have four active complications: date, temperature, alarm clock and battery. :)

3. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Since I designed the watch face myself very little....

Oh, you mean my :apple: Watch which hasn't arrived yet. I was thinking of my Pebble watch which allows me to design my own watch face.

Actually I'm not only waiting for my :apple: Watch but also for :apple: and 3rd party devs to develop a watch face generator so you can make your own watch face. With the ability to change glances and complications you could come up with a really extra personal watch face. :D

4. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

Multiple times a day. Can't quite get settled on one I like the best mainly because what I really want is one with a background picture of my choosing. Hope Apple is working on one. Right now I flip back and forth between Modular, Utility and Mickey Mouse. Basically my complications on all three are Timer, Battery and Temp.

5. ledzepfan1981 macrumors regular

ledzepfan1981

I'd love this too as I've come from a Pebble and Pebble Steel, but don't think it'll happen on the :apple: Watch.

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I think it'd be cool if we can make it automatic for the face to change every day (or every x of days), much like the option of having the wallpaper change every time you open a MacBook.

Or specify the exact times for each face (modular during work hours, simple after hours, etc.).

7. AS90 macrumors regular

AS90

I use the 'colour' face in white with the Apple logo in the centre. Looks quite elegant.

8. jds4300 macrumors member

Hysterical. Absolutely hysterical. I change mine every hour, on the hour. New watch faces won't arrive until Apple Watch 2 arrives in April 2017 by the way.

9. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Source (rhetorical :D)

10. seatton macrumors 6502

seatton

Glad to know I have a SS one so this expensive thing won't go obsolete till 2017 :D

11. mrboba1 macrumors regular

utility during the day so I can see calendar more clearly, simple with no detail and only 2-3 complications at night. I love the minimalist look in the dark:)

12. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

There will probably be some new ones this autumn with iOS 9/whatever version the Apple Watch ends up running. 2.0? Usually Apple throws in some new wallpapers on iOS so probably will do the same for faces—and they did leave out the photo faces they showed off during the original keynote so maybe those will end up coming at some point.

I'd like the capability to change between preset watch faces at different times or locations throughout the day. When I'm at work I need one set, at home or on the weekends another. I guess it's not too difficult to switch out but still.

Also to the people who are waiting for third parties to make watch apps: Apple isn't allowing those in the store. It's the new policy. A story about it was posted on MacRumors a few weeks ago. Time telling cannot be a primary function.

13. iamasmith macrumors regular

iamasmith

About once a week.. then I set it back to Mickey again in the morning :D

14. Lizardo90 macrumors member

Depending on the event. I have a watch face for work. One for the gym. a few for going out casual dressed and a few for going out dressed classy.:cool:

15. seatton macrumors 6502

seatton

Is it just me or does anyone else think the jellyfish and the flowers are way too big? They take up the entire screen and I do not like it. I change my watch face every few days though. I hope they have new ones coming soon!

16. iamasmith macrumors regular

iamasmith

No, I quite like the motion face. It's the once I set the watch too when not on Mickey.

It's low in detail, you don't have a lot of complications to set and the beautifully animated background stay up for a short period of time. If you were seeing them all the way through you would probably get bored with them as cool as they are.

I quite like it as an occasional face with low clutter.

17. loyalist macrumors 6502

18. Mike Delta macrumors 6502

Mike Delta

I have one for work, one for play and one for every thing else.

19. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    I'll sometimes change it when I try different bands.

Hmm. Too bad Apple can't read what kind of band you slide in. Then the change could be automatic.

"Ah, my owner just took out the Milanese and inserted a Sport band. Must be going to exercise. Let me switch from the posh analog watchface, to the heartbeat+distance+time watchface my owner chose for running."

20. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

I never change it. And I don't get the obsession with the Mickey Mouse face. It's childish.

21. flur macrumors 68000

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis

22. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Cute. I should have used the word "tacky" instead.

23. Fwingonga macrumors member

Every day. I don't use all of them, though. And I try to colour-match with my clothes...

24. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I did the Mickey Mouse face when I first got it, because I promised my kids that I would. Once they saw it I changed it to Modular and haven't looked back.

That first day I remembered why I always hated Mickey Mouse watches--it is WAY too hard to figure out what time it is. Where the hell is he actually pointing? Which one is the hour hand? It's just too busy for me.

Now and then I have messed with Color and Utility, but I always end up changing back to Modular.

25. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

I like Modular, but wish the time itself was larger and in the middle of the screen. Also, I find Mickey's constantly tapping foot very distracting.