How often do you charge it? And also....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nlivo, Oct 10, 2007.

1. nlivo macrumors 6502a

how often do you guys charge your touch? I am using mine so much that I need to charge it every night. And also, are you guys using music that much? I have sort of fogotten about the music part because safari is just so cool and mine still has a couple of bugs where the music will just pause when I am in safari!!!! Also, this is posted from my touch.

2. Nats16 macrumors member

I charge mine every night aswell and yeah i still use the music part lol i'm always listening to it :)

3. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

first post since getting unbanned from the forums, oui i charge mine everynight, and today at school. but yeah i use it 75% fir wifing

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

there is an interesting question with it

since iPT is a iPod, designed for "music". its battery supports UP TO 22hrs music, 5Hrs video, 3 Hrs Internet, which means if you just use it as internet all the time, the battery life would be shorter than if you just use it as music player. (even consider a ratio of 3:1 of time you spend on music vs. internet),

5. nlivo thread starter macrumors 6502a

how did you get banned from the forums? I had no idea you could get banned!!

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

7. elbirth macrumors 65816

I've noticed the big difference in batter life when using wifi, which is slightly disappointing, since I'll be using it a LOT for that.

And I've also noticed the bug where music will stop while using Safari... I can't figure out what causes it though. I do know that it doesn't simply pause the music, because double tapping the home button and hitting play usually doesn't work the first couple times I try it- and when it does start back up, it plays from the main library and not the playlist I was just on.

8. nlivo thread starter macrumors 6502a

that is actually a very common problem and I have the exact same problem. You described it perfectly about double tapping the home button.

9. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

wi-fi is big battery drainer, thats to be expected

the other problem you mentioned, i got exactly opposite problem, when using mobileSafari without music, it will start to play all by itself.....

10. elbirth macrumors 65816

Now that's a bit more interesting! I guess the touch is protesting your using it as an internet device instead of as an iPod LOL

11. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

i charge at least once a day, if not twice...i use the wifi a lot! it helps out during a boring class!!

12. elbirth macrumors 65816

haha, my solution to boring classes in college was just to have my laptop and be online. Granted, I used my laptop for note taking anyway, but it got me through many classes and looked less conspicuous since I used it for notes anyway.

13. Cache macrumors regular

Imo the people who bought it for the Wi-Fi should have gotten something else for the long run. The wireless internet is a bonus, not a main feature. Although, it is a sexy device, so I could understand why someone would "need" it. :)

14. gvegastiger macrumors regular

I was doing a little surfing last night and Safari crashed 3 times in a span of 10 minutes. Anyone else experience frequent Safari crashes?

15. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

yeah i do that but one of my classes in in a small room and the teacher hate any technology, so i end up hiding the touch under the desk...haahhah

16. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

I'm not saying this to make people hate me, but I have never had a bug with Safari, other than having pages cancel loading by themselves, but that is common with any browser. Am I the only one? I only use Safari for about an hour a day and I do usually play music during it. Is this a problem that happens to nearly everyone at sometime, and something I should expect later? I've seen a few posts about it, but I can't recall if they are the same people or not.

Oh, and I charge it everyday, I keep it plugged into my computer all the time I'm on it (even if it's at full charge, I'm sending the iPod back after 11 months anyways for a battery exchange :)).