How often do you charge your touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mechanicus, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Mechanicus macrumors member

I was thinking. My Razr had great battery life for about a year and then it just died (but from talking to everyone else who had it, it happened to them as well). I think part of the problem I had was I charged it every night, cycling the system too often. Is it better for the battery to charge it when I gets to say, 20 percent or can it be charged every night without any problems?

2. PeteB macrumors 6502a

PeteB

Everyone I know who owns a Motorola phone ends up complaining about the really bad battery life, especially after a while owning it. My manager has his continually charging.

I charge my iPod very often. While I'm listening to it at work, I have it plugged into the laptop.

3. mzd macrumors 6502a

i've been going down to at least 20% each time. but it's only been a few since it since it is new.

4. mixmacface macrumors regular

mixmacface

i don't charge mine very often. . mainly because i have the brightness turned all the way down, and only turn on the wifi when i need it. i charge it every two days or so. but when i find myself using the wifi a lot, i charge it every night. i have no complaint with the battery life. . with my razr, i do. and even my blackberry pearl. even turning brightness down, i still have to charge it every day. oh well. technology isn't perfect.

5. Eric Isaacson macrumors 6502

I plug mine in every morning to Itunes and let it charge while syncing.

6. ThisIsMyName macrumors regular

ThisIsMyName

yea i was wondering how often i should charge it

7. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

every night when I get back to home. I just let it charging all night no matter what.

8. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

really when ever it needs it. it doesnt get used constantly all day so i dont need to charge it everyday. so maybe 3-4 times a week. and sometimes not even to full charge. it charges fast, some times in the time it takes me to sync

9. BigAlTouch macrumors newbie

Ive only had it 2 weeks, but ive really only charged it 3 times, I do it whenever its at least 20% or less. Dont know how its gonna work in the future, never had any apple product before but so far good experiences. My razr v3xx I charge every other day at most, sometimes every 3 days depends on usage. It has lasted great had about 1.5 years.

10. Tragedies macrumors 6502

Im pretty sure its better for the battery in the long run to only charge it when its like 10%.