How often do you charge?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bowlerguy10, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

How often do you charge your iPhone? Once a day once a week etc?

2. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

Once a week? Heh, no, that was only my Treo. iPhone - every night, in spite of no WIFI or Bluetooth / Auto email check - battery life on mine is "meh".

3. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

Every day. My phone is usually down about 33% every day.

4. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I usually charge mine every other day or so. Not that it normally needs it, but out of force of habit. I just like to make sure my iPhone is never too far from being fully charged, just in case... :)

5. SRSound macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

well I've only had it for a couple hours bit its lasting really well!

6. zakee00 macrumors regular

zakee00

I think I've probably been using mine more than average, but it gets pretty low at the end of the day. When you first get it you tend to spend every waking minute using the damn thing though ;)

7. iPhoneNYC macrumors 6502a

iPhoneNYC

IPhone charging

I give my iPhone pretty heavy use and I charge it each night. If I forget to charge it at night it will die during day 2.

I have an iPod, a NANO and an iPhone in my life and they all use the same charger. So I do keep the white block and cord in my backpack. Because I'm generally good about charger I rarely use this charger during the day but I often lend it out to stressed users!

8. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

It is still hard for me to resist using it even after several months of ownership. :D :cool: :apple:

9. Bowlerguy10 thread starter macrumors 6502

What do you guys intend to do once your battery runs out? The batteries are now soldered to the board. I have an engraved iPod Touch and I really don't want to have to send it in.......

10. silbeej macrumors 6502a

About every three or four days.

About, that is, sometimes more, sometimes less.

11. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Good question Bowlerguy10! :)

To be honest, I have not really gave it that much thought. Most likely, I will have bought a new iPhone before that becomes an issue. Otherwise, I guess I will be forced to send it to Apple to have the battery replaced. :)

12. Bowlerguy10 thread starter macrumors 6502

If i send my iPod Touch in to have the battery replaced what are the chances that I will get that same engraved iPod Touch back? Because if i'm not going to get that same iPod back then I will just figure out a way to do it myself.

13. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

If I don't charge mine every night it is DEAD the next day... I guess those of you that dont charge daily don't really use your phones.

14. mrtune macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

I throw mine on the charger every night, just like every other phone I have ever owned.

I've never owned a phone long enough to where the battery life was an issue.

15. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

There's a very good video on YouTube for disassembly. It isn't terribly difficult to get to the battery and there are batteries available from the typical iPod replacement-part retailers.

16. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I certainly do use my iPhone, though perhaps not as much as I would like to use it. But when you have a full-time job, it makes it hard to be on the phone too much. :)

17. akazmucha macrumors newbie

I go with about every other day. I'm not a heavy phone talker and my battery is better than par.

I text more than I talk so I can normally go every other night, maybe 3 days depending on whether it's just sitting there or I'm messing on the net or talking.

18. GuillaumeB macrumors 6502

GuillaumeB

I thought you would not be able to send your engraved iPod anyway:

From the site:
    Please make sure that everything is spelled correctly as your engraved order can't be returned

Am I correct?

19. Scorch07 macrumors 6502

every 2 days, 3 sometimes if I'm lucky

20. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

That's return not repair.

21. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

Recently I've only been charging my iPhone when it's down to 1/3 juice, unless I know I have a big day I charge it overnight regardless of battery level.

22. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Not worry about it.
    It will take about 3 years before there's sufficient battery charge loss.

23. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

24. bugeye macrumors newbie

I just got my iPhone the other day so I've only been through a few cycles, but it seems like about a day and a half is about it. Naturally I've been using it a lot. Using wifi or watching videos really seems to drain it fast. I've also noticed that the first third of the battery indicator seems to last forever while the last third seems to go faster than I expect. Last night I set an alarm but it didnt ring because the juice ran out before morning. I guess leaving the wifi on all night is a big drain.

Compared to the crappy phone it replaced, at least the iPhone seems like it's really doing something to use up the battery.

25. MacsAttack macrumors 6502a

Thats the thing that I just never got about the people squealing about non-replaceable batteries... They never bothered carrying spares for their old phone/media player anyway. They always replaced these devices long before battery life was a problem. But suddenly it is supposed to be a BIG ISSUE with the iPods and iPhones.

I far more likely to put the cost of a battery replacement towards buying a new phone when the time comes. Always assuming I have not already replaced the iPhone with the (by my estimate of when I'd be tempted by new features) 4th generation model. Only reason I don't use my 1st gen iPod Nano (which still gives good play time) is because I now have an iPhone.

iPhone gets plugged into a dock over night and when I'm at my desk (got the VT headset which gave me a second dock to play with). Other times the iPhone rides on my belt. Usage varies. On a business trip last week I ran the battery down almost all the way (calls, Google map, e-mail, and WiFi web browsing at the airport), and of course family and friends just had to see what it could do yesterday :D.

Battery life appears adequate for a days use. Just need to charge it up at night - like my laptop or any other device.