how often do you clean your macbook pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iphonenub, Oct 3, 2011.

?

How often do you clean your macbook pro?

1. Daily

18 vote(s)
    15.5%
  2. Weekly

38 vote(s)
    32.8%
  3. Monthly

43 vote(s)
    37.1%
  4. Yearly

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  5. Never

13 vote(s)
    11.2%
  1. iphonenub macrumors regular

Just curious how often everyone cleans their macbook pro. Personally, I can't stand a greasy keyboard, greasy trackpad, or a dusty screen so I clean it daily. How often do you clean your macbook pro?

2. windowstomac macrumors regular

About once every 10 days! It's getting pretty grubby by then!

3. Adamantoise macrumors 6502a

My Macbook Pro gets cleaned anytime I notice it's dirty. Nominally, twice a week.

4. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Every other day which makes it quicker to do.

5. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

6. NikFinn macrumors 6502a

NikFinn

Weekly, but it's often just in clamshell mode on my desk, so there's no real need.

7. fireman32 macrumors 6502a

Weekly unless I think it needs to be cleaned sooner. I always have a microfiber cloth with me.

8. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Weekly. I just give the screen a quick wipe and the keys a quick wipe, doesn't really need anything else.

9. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

I voted monthly but actually it is more like every 2 or 3 months. You'd need a Quarterly option.

10. eternalife macrumors regular

I just clean my hands instead :D. Greasy keyboard and trackpad? I've had my MBP for 6 months now and haven't cleaned it yet - save the monitor a few times (from kids touching it). What are you doing, touching that you have such a problem with grease that requires daily cleaning?

11. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

I think they are just really picky. It is those people that think they have some kind of artwork in front of them that needs to be cleaned like a picture on the wall. It is the same with all the people who have to pack their Notebooks in cases and cover them with foil to preserve them in mint condition, as if a scratch would destroy the thing.
    I bet in a few years they will sell some notebooks and stuff that arrives in a specially scratched way from factory and it is considered fashion and the people will put them into see through cases again. And some people will buy the current mint cases and scratch them in order to make them cooler and more beautiful and than put them into see through cases again to protect their own artwork.

12. salacious macrumors 6502a

i never touch my screen but somehow when i turn it off and i can see the blackscreen magic fingerprints appear, it pisses me off, i think my fingerprints from my keypad stick on to my screen, is there any vacum peripherals that are safe to use on the keyboard for like little bits and stuff, i swear i went camping once and a spider went into my air vents lil bastard!!

13. iphonenub thread starter macrumors regular

I use my mbp for college and games so I am on it for at least 10 hours a day. It tends to get a lot of dust on the screen by the end of the day and sometimes the keyboard is greasy. Before college and before my mbp I would only use my computer a couple hours a day so that was cleaned weekly. It all depends on usage for me.

14. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I do it everyday after I am done for the day I clean it. I am real clean freak!

15. Jexta macrumors member

My MBP only sees about an hour of use a day, if that, so it is only cleaned rarely. The biggest gripe I have is the oil/grease transfer from the keyboard onto the LCD screen.

As a service tech, I have seen some pretty dirty machines. One had a nest of cockroaches inside, others have had similar infestations of ants and spiders, while some are so dirty that people must be sitting in the dirt using them each day.

16. Gillespie81 macrumors regular

i wipe the screen when i see prints and my keys and track i do weekly. i have a carbon fiber full body skin so thats all i have to worry about is just those

17. shikari89 macrumors member

shikari89

I almost never clean it. I will only clean it if something annoying gets on the screen. I know i should clean it often, I just don't really care.

18. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

if you really don't care, give me your MBP....I would apprecite it very much.

19. Mac-key macrumors 6502a

^^^^ same here

20. CptAwesome macrumors member

21. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Mines long due of a good cleaning haha monthly for me but I haven't had time to get around to it.

22. HRodMusic macrumors member

HRodMusic

everytime i see a dirty spot, or someone grabs it.. finger prints annoy the hell out of me!

23. aCondor macrumors 6502

This.

24. julesotis13 macrumors newbie

agreed

i echo this...if this person doesn't really care then he should donate this powerful expensive tool to a school, or small business or someone who will use it properly and buy himself an old beat up piece of crap. I have owned expensive devices and not cared enough that I prefer the taking pride in the device route.
    I suspect this lad didnt buy his machine for himself or neednt worry about how to replace it.
    Also, helps to consider how many workers in lame conditions were underpaid in China to create this device...perhaps we should care for them
    -bleeding heart rant