How often do you clean your macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HALE101, Mar 31, 2018.

1. HALE101 macrumors member

I think I may overdue it when it comes to cleaning the screen and keyboard on MacBook Pro 2017, I use a microfiber cloth along with screen cleaning wipes everyday , after. that I use the same screen cleaning wipes on the keyboard several times a day . I like to keep my machine in pristine condition for the aesthetic look and also the future resale value of the machine. How often do you guys clean your machines?

2. Toutou macrumors 6502a

Toutou

Pretty much daily. As a developer's one and only tool, the machine deserves some attention.

3. tresmith macrumors 6502

I clean my machine about once a month. I eat at my desk, over my computer all the time so it gets filthy quick.

4. senzung macrumors member

senzung

I clean it before I'm about to sell it...

5. Husky29 macrumors newbie

Husky29

I give mine a quick clean every 2 or so days by just using a dry microfibre cloth. I give mine a deep clean every 2 or so weeks using a damp microfibre cloth and then a dry microfibre cloth. I also use compressed air over the body of the computer and on the keyboard. I have not had a single issue and my keyboard works perfectly. I am very careful in making sure not to damage the coating on the screen because MacBooks seem to have an issue with it if you use certain cleaning solutions and if you rub the screen too hard.

6. jerryk macrumors 601

Maybe once a quarter. I don't take it anywhere it gets dirty and almost never use it outdoors.

To clean I just use a microfiber cloth, and add a couple of drops of water if I am cleaning the screen.

7. warburg macrumors 6502a

What about iKlear? I've used that to clean both the screen and surfaces of my computer. It apparently hasn't done any harm in the past, but now that I have a new MacBook Pro, I'm hesitant about using t

8. Mefisto macrumors 6502a

Mefisto

About once every two weeks just with a damp microfiber cloth basically. The screen, keyboard, trackpad and chassis.

9. Dave Meadows macrumors 68040

Dave Meadows

I clean mine every Friday before the weekend. I use a microfiber cloth and a spray.

10. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Pretty much my routine, as well.

11. Dave Meadows macrumors 68040

Dave Meadows

12. duervo macrumors 68020

duervo

2 or three times a year I’ll use a can of air on the top case, and in the heat sink fins. It’s just dust that gets blown out. No crumbs or anything like that.

Maybe once a year, if that, I’ll clean the display, but it’s probably closer to almost two years right now since the last time I cleaned it.

I don’t use it with food or drinks around, so it’s just to get rid of dust buildup.

I just use a microfibre cloth dampened with tap water to wipe the display. It’s over 6 years old so far, and not a single mark on it.