How often do you FaceTime?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ViPa, Jun 30, 2010.

?

How often do you FaceTime per day?

1. 0-1 times

149 vote(s)
    83.7%
  2. 1-3 times

22 vote(s)
    12.4%
  3. 3-5 times

4 vote(s)
    2.2%
  4. 5+

3 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. ViPa macrumors 6502a

2. optophobia macrumors 6502a

optophobia

I use it pretty much all the time. In the woods, in the street, in the car, anywhere I can get 3G reception....

Oh wait......

um I have only used it to test it out twice.

3. OOC macrumors member

Did it the first day I got it with a friend who lives in a different state. Now I'm just waiting for some other people to jump on the iPhone 4 wagon so I can start doing it more often.

4. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I did it once when we got the phones to show my wife how it worked. Did it a couple of times at work yesterday with a co-worker to show others how it works. Other than that, I doubt I'll get much usage out of it, but that could change as more devices and software gain access to FaceTime.

5. woosah macrumors regular

woosah

I've only used it once on the day I got it, June 23rd. None of my close friends have 4's, but quite a few have iPhones. Then again, a lot have Blackberries for work. And just because I can, doesn't mean I want to see anyone and everyone I'm talking to. I think once more of my circle are able to upgrade to iPhone4's and more companies integrate it into their devices, I'll use it more.

6. nfl46 macrumors 603

I've never used it. None of my friends have a iPhone 4 yet. I'm sure it'll get more popular and useful when the iPad and Touch get it. There's only 1.7 million of us to use it. That's not many.

7. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Need an option for even less. I tested it once at the behest of others in my Church. Haven't touched it since.

Can't vote in your poll.

8. dahonam macrumors newbie

Only used it once the day after i got my phone so far

9. clg82 macrumors 6502

This is a little off subject, but do you think that skype and the iphone4 till be capable of working together to make video confrencing calls over 3g network? Or even wifi for that matter?

10. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I've used it 4 times in the last 7 days, but I can say for certainty that I'd use it a LOT more if I had more wifi and if I knew more people with iPhone 4s. (It's just my wife, so far.)

I could honestly see myself using it 4 or 5 times a day if I had the chance. But we don't live in that world yet.

You've used it less than zero times?

11. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

My girlfriend and I make a video call about 3 times a day

12. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Used it 3 or 4 times with my niece and a couple friends that have iPhone 4...I'd love to use it more...I just don't know that many other people with iPhone 4's...:mad:
    I can't wait for it to interface with iChat and Skype and you can FaceTime with peoples computers...and over 3G!!! :D

13. mrFinder macrumors member

never. it is a useless feature that amuses way too many people, even though in practicality it will rarely be used.

14. HarryKeogh macrumors 6502a

3 times a day? How are you even able to type that considering you should be suffocated by now?

15. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

My little girl's in another state all week. She LOVES talking to me each night before bedtime.

You wanna call her tonight and tell her she's wrong? It's cool, I mean, she'll cry about it when you tell her she can't say goodnight to Daddy tonight, but if that sounds like fun to you we can make it happen.

16. SirHaakon macrumors 6502a

With my only friend who I know that has an iPhone 4, we only make calls using FaceTime now. I find it absolutely fantastic... a much better way to communicate. Alas, since I don't know anyone else with an iPhone 4, the feature doesn't get used much. But if it was implemented in more phones, I'd use it whenever possible.

17. outphase macrumors 65816

I can imagine usage going up when Apple flips the switch on 3G network use in the near future.

18. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

I'd use it more if more people that I knew had 4s. I've only used it twice so far, but I thought it worked really well, and would like to use it more.

19. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Actually, the main reason I like it is the voice quality is sooo much better!

AT&T voice quality: 2/10
    Facetime voice quality: 9/10

It really makes me not want to make phone calls anymore. I can hear what people are saying!

20. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

I've used FaceTime 2-3 times a day since launch day. It's very useful with family/relationships/friends/etc.

Plus, FaceTime does not take away from your ATT voice or data plan.

21. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

That's not Apple, that's the cell phone companies. There is no company out there that could handle that much bandwidth requirement at this stage. Besides, the quality would be chopping and lagging. I'd rather wait until the networks get very strong and have enough strength to service all these video chats.

22. mikey2004 macrumors regular

mikey2004

Never used it, never tested it. Ive no need for it

23. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

I haven't even tested it yet. It's a really cool feature, but I really can't think of a circumstance where I'd want to video chat. ...maybe with your children when you're out of town...

24. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

One of the cool features of FaceTime is that you can switch to the rear camera and show someone "Live" just what you are looking at...I think that is pretty cool....:D

25. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

The 0-1 times option is "PER DAY". I refuse to select that option on the basis that in my eyes it is a useless answer. Someone who uses it once a day is WAY different than someone who never uses it.