How often do you get internet when your outisde your house?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MattG728, Jun 7, 2008.

1. MattG728 macrumors newbie

Like do you often get access to the internet while your out, or is it always a hassle to find a wifi spot? Hows the internet service?

And theres no chance for a price drop at WWDC?

2. colourclassic macrumors member

colourclassic

I don't usually use the internet on my touch when out and about, but I do get Wi-Fi about 50% of the time (leeching off other people of course)

I doubt there will be price drops on Monday, probably more like September where we will also see increased capacity and all that good stuff.

3. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

I hardly get wifi anywhere when I'm away from home. others peoples experience with wifi will have absolutely no bearing on what your experience will be. if Internet access away from home is important to you then get the iPhone.

4. conor ordan macrumors member

Lots of access in Europe

I frequently travel to cities and towns around Europe and I find it very easy to gain WiFi access, both free and pay per minute (also I don't know why or how but if I encounter a network only locked with WEP security, entering a password of 'admin' will let me join).

5. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

There's no free public WiFi in Tokyo, so I'll be first in line for the iPhone as soon as it's available here, no matter what the cost. The Touch is awesome, but it is exponentially more useful (for me, anyway) when it has access to the internet. ;)

6. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/N45AP Safari/419.3)

whenever i spot free wifi, il be on my touch, doing whatever, but on average about 70% of the time I have wifi

7. LAPTOP GAMER macrumors newbie

It is fun looking for internet connections, but the only successful connections are the ATT which I pay for.

8. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

Even when I find unsecured WiFi, I normally can't connect. I get an error saying that the iPod couldn't connect to the network. If you need to have internet when your out go with an iPhone.

Don

9. Angels&Airwaves macrumors member

youd be surprised how many places you can find it. restaurants mainly...i too get an error when trying to connect to some open networks. its sad.:(