How often do you remove your case to clean the phone?

TheBrokenBee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2016
I am looking to get a decent case for my XR. Havent decided on one yet. Rhinoshield is so hard to remove - I really liked the case though. Everytime I tried to remove it from my previous phones I felt like I was going to break my phone.

BigMcGuire

Contributor
Jan 10, 2012
California
I never remove my case to clean the phone on the inside. Before putting on my case, which usually stays on for 1-2 years (usually life of phone), I clean the phone really well. I use a Sena leather case. When I remove it to sell back to Apple, as I have for the last few years, it's usually like new because the Sena case does a good job keeping stuff from getting where it shouldn't - unlike other plastic cases I've used in the past that let gobs of dust/crap in. Been using Sena cases for 4+ years now.

mtneer

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2012
I do it every couple of months - given that I live in a dusty climate in Arizona. Not cleaning the phone for a year or more is just asking for a bunch of abrasion as dust gets into every little crevice and crack around here.

R.Stoychev

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2012
I am using the apple leather case, despite the fact that the fit is really snug I clean my phone every two weeks.

Reactions: gahig ulo

TheBrokenBee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2016
What are you looking for in a case? Design, color, protection level?
Looking for a case with adequate protection that wont be a pain to take off and scuff the phone the in the process. Also, not very comfortable with open bottom cases.

trillionaire

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2018
Canada
Not often at all. I have a skin on my phone that I don't remove and that keeps my phone clean. I also have a clear case that goes over the skin. Once in a while I'll take the clear case off to remove dust specs that got in between the skin and case, but apart from that I don't have to clean anything because of the skin on my phone.

Reactions: danny8200

DevinNj

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
I average a couple of times a week like if I change cases or whenever it looks like it needs it. Or like I'm doing right now, sitting at my desk bored at work.