How often do you use 3G on your iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by falcora, Feb 29, 2012.

?

How often do you use 3G on your iPad?

1. I don't have a 3G iPad

10 vote(s)
    21.3%
  2. I tether (using iPhone, or other MiFi hotspot)

7 vote(s)
    14.9%
  3. Daily

14 vote(s)
    29.8%
  4. A few times per week

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  5. Once or twice a month

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  6. Depends

8 vote(s)
    17.0%
  7. Never

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  1. falcora macrumors 6502

I'm just trying to find out if a iPad 3 WiFi+3G/4G is worth it.

2. Lamarak macrumors 6502

Its kinda like insurance, you might only need it a few times but sure nice knowing its there.

Ive bought the 25 dollar 2g buffet style three times and has saved my bacon at school and work the almost year ive has this.

And its helps add to resale value down road.

3. graystone macrumors newbie

Gps

The 3G is worth it if for no other reason than adding GPS, which allows you to download a navigation app and on-board maps of your choice and get turn-by-turn directions without being connected to a network. It also improves the functionality of location based services.

4. poloponies Suspended

I use it on my train commute, when I'm out and about, on business trips, on pleasure trips (Europe & Mexico). It enhances the usefulness of the iPad by a significant factor for my uses. If I never took it out of the house my answer would certainly be different, but it's at my side 24/7 so the greater flexibility 3G and GPS offer is worth every penny of what I've paid.

5. cteselle macrumors newbie

I've never used it on mine, but I like knowing that it's always an option, and that's a plus. I also looked at it for resale, it'll be much easier to get rid of it since it does have 3g than if it was wifi only.

6. wsbsteven macrumors member

I'm rarely around wifi so 3G is important for me. I use it 5 out of 7 days a week.

7. Sith Vol macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I currently own the wifi iPad 2 and am really wanting the 3G/4G version of the new iPad. How does data work? Is it pay-as-you-go monthly? I'm a college student, so I don't have a full time job or anything that brings in consistent income but I'd love to be able to pay for cellular data if I wanted to use it/could pay for it at the time.

8. poloponies Suspended

You activate it as needed and then it lasts for until the selected amount of bandwidth is used up or 30 days, whichever comes first. You must de-activate it or it will automatically renew (you can deactivate as soon as you want after signing up and it will continue to work until you hit your limit).

9. Sith Vol macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Thanks. So I just have to call AT&T or Verizon to cancel it? Then I'd go online and renew it or something like that?

10. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

Only when I'm on road trips. It's definitely a luxury, but boy is it a great one to have.

At the end of the day, iPad is virtually useless without an internet connection (especially a jailbroken one).

11. falcora thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm, Looks like I'll be getting a 32 GB WiFi+3G/4G. I just hope that the price stays at $729, or drops a little bit.

12. poloponies Suspended

You manage the account from the iPad itself.