How often do you use the battery% feature?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by B.LI, Nov 26, 2011.

1. B.LI macrumors regular

Apologize if the title didn't explain well, but what I meant was the button on the left hand side if the MBPs body which indicates the battery level. How often do you use it?
    I personally don't use it as much, but still it's a cool little feature for the MBP and not too noticeable when not in use.

What are your thoughts? :p

2. TheJing macrumors 6502a

TheJing

3. happle macrumors 6502a

i guess it could be handy when your macs shut and you just wanna check if you need to take your charger with you or not. but usually i just check the battery meter on the grey bar when i open my mac.

4. thundersteele macrumors 68030

I press it from time to time just to look at it. Never used it to find out whether my battery is charged or not.

I can see it being useful on long trips, when you actually turn it off to save power, and then later want to know how much is left.

5. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

I use it on occasion. We have three MBPs at our house. I have an early 2011 15", hubby has a 2011 15" that is his work computer, and he has my old 2008 15" as his personal computer. We have charging cables set up in the living room and the office. So if one computer is using the living room charger and another computer is running out of battery power, just press the button to see if the connected one is mostly charged, then swap them. That's the only time I ever use that button, though.

6. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

It makes flashing lights. Why wouldn't you use it?

7. Ant.honey macrumors regular

8. Trentolol macrumors member

Trentolol

I use it all the time. Before i go to school, to make sure I have charge. If i get up really early, its a quick way to see the battery without turning on the entire computer. It's a handy feature.

9. srshaw macrumors 6502

Only noticed it when it flashed when unplugging my mbp. Never use it.

10. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I use it fairly often. If my MBP is in sleep mode, and am wondering if it has enough juice for me to take it around (Downstairs, in the basement, upstairs, wherever- outside my room).

And sometimes if I'm cleaning up around my room, I press it to see if it needs a charge (When I'm not using the mbp), and put it on the charger.

Comes in handy.

11. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Daily.

It's a handy way to get a quick read on the status of the battery.

I'm highly mobile & use different sizes of MBP's and MBA's, so for me it's a very nice feature.

If I only had one Mac Laptop, I probably wouldn't use it much.

12. SayMilesAway macrumors regular

SayMilesAway