How often do you visit this Forum?

How often do you visit this MR Forum?

• Rarely. A few times a month at the most.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Occasionally. Maybe 2 times a week.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Regularly. Once a day or every few days.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • A lot. 2-4 times a day.

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • Obsessed. I spend most of my day browsing this forum.

Votes: 41 35.0%

• Total voters

Zwhaler

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 10, 2006
Well, I tried searching using many disserent phrases and came up with nothing. The question is, how often do you visit this forum? Are you Obsessed? Or are you just an occasional user. Vote in the poll!

I browse this forum quite a lot. I fall under the A Lot category. But then again, thats only because I am in High School on summer break. That will all change soon enough. What about you?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Not sure it ever made it into a poll, but there was an extensive thread on it a few months ago.

I pretty much always have a window with the MR forums open.

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
I voted obsessed, but only because I click "New Posts" and check the forum way more than 4 times a day. I wouldn't call myself obsessed.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
2-4 times a day isn't a lot to me. It's a bad day where I barely had time to check the forums.

Geez, posting 2-4 times a day means it's a slow day for me.

xPismo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
California.
macrumors forums -> new posts... spin...

I'm not sure why I do it either. I can be doing other things... its usually while I'm waiting for a render or other long processess to finish. Probably should go outside and visit with the world more. Or get more power. I mean powwwah.

My re-up per day increases near macworlds or other stevenotes too. You might catch me on irc around those events too.

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
I'm obsessed. Definitely. It'll pass at some point, like all my past obsessions. :D

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
The fact this poll is in the Community Discussion forum probably means you'll get more of the "2-4 times a day" and "obsessed" options. Most of all members who visit once a day or 2-4 times a week will not post in the Community forums nor know that it even exists. :)

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
I visit 2-4 times per day but it doesn't necessarily mean I'll post. Besides, some of those sessions are quite long yet relatively uneventful where I might leave a tab open with MR on it while doing other things.

Still, if I can maintain an average of over 10 posts per day over almost 2 & 1/2 years, I guess that betrays a certain level of obsession.

At the moment, I'm in a meh sort of phase due to my own life circumstances. However, as soon as the MacBook Pros get a bump, I'll be reading voraciously...

Oh, and if you have 'New Posts' as a keyboard shortcut, you're obsessed. ;)

azzurri000

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2005
I'd say I check the forums pretty obsessively, though I don't post very much as I don't own a mac yet, and I don't feel like I have a lot to contribute. Gotta love MacRumors, though :) Made a facebook friend because of it, ha!

virus1

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2004
LOST
i check around 3-4 times a day but often stay for only a few minutes. but now i am only a few post away from my big 1,000, so i am putting in some extra hours.

Zwhaler

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 10, 2006
Well, how about instead of thinking of it as "obsessed", think of it as "excessive".