How Often Do You Wipe Your Screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wrkactjob, Apr 30, 2008.

1. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

Since owning the phone I do like to keep it 'nice' and find myself using a special wipe on it almost having used it every time.

Oily fingerprints just dont look nice.

2. maxxscholten macrumors regular

Sorta depends.

In the winter when it was generally darker, I couldn't see any finger prints/smudges, but now that it's summer and significantly brighter, I notice smudged and smears on my way to classes and it really bugs me.

I usually give my screen (and entire phone) a good clean with iKlear about once a day.

3. McGiord, Apr 30, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

When i the screen is blank is when I more notice the fingerprints, however when I'm using they don't bother me at all.

I clean it on a daily basis after I clean my glasses.

If you pass it over to another person, whom never have talked over an iPhone, to talk, they will left you a very nasty oily print of their ear... :\
    ________
    vapolution

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

before getting the protective screen quite often however with the screen on almost never

5. Emulsion macrumors 6502

You can't tell at all when you are in low lit conditions but the second my touch hits the Florida sun you can notice them. The way I see it, the screens going to get dirty every single time you use it so why worry about it? I would say probably a single swipe with my shirt once a day. Forget about the back that Thing is always dirty.

6. CKohkah macrumors 6502

I get the little eye glass cloths from walmart for a 1.99 for my phone. They are silky smooth and really do the trick.

7. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Wipe my screen off every morning before heading into work with the cloth that came with the iPhone. My screen looks as good as it did on June 29th.

8. veeco3110 macrumors 6502

veeco3110

im from dirty jerz so i lick the screen and wipe it. im the only one who uses it and it doesnt get placed anyplace other than my ear, the dock, my center console, or my pocket.

im gross i know

9. maxxscholten macrumors regular

best response ever.

10. touchman macrumors member

if it's extremely messy i get a clean cloth dip it in water and ring it out so it's only just damp, then lightly clean the screen, then buff it up with a little grey lense cleaning cloth that came with my psp, i dont like the iphone one, if any crap builds up in the tiny gaps of the iphone i use the air compressor at work, gets rid of everything every last spec of dust!!

11. senorFunkyPants macrumors 6502

senorFunkyPants

The same for me, its probably at least 3 weeks since I last bothered...although why a protective screen should make such a difference is a bit of a mystery.

12. paulold macrumors 6502

I noticed that too about the protective screens. My friend's iPhone looks nicer with the screen on cause there's no smudges or buildup. But what happens to the glass after the protective screen has been stuck to it for awhile? Doesn't it end up sticky with glue residue? Is it an either/or choice - to screen or not to screen? I like keeping my bare though sometimes the smudges get to be a bit much.

13. doodads macrumors 6502

doodads

I wipe it every time I wipe myself after taking a massive.

14. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

I just give it the old rub on front of shirt trick a few times a day. Once a week I get it nice and clean. Till I sold it anyways.

15. LizKat macrumors 68030

LizKat

Mine's in an Incase and the screen is covered with a Power Support Crystal Film, so I just wipe it on a sweatshirt sleeve or when I swap it out of the Incase once in awhile, I might polish it up with a barely damp microfiber cloth or even a paper towel, whatever. It looks as nifty as the day I unboxed it! That crystal film stuff can sure take a joke.

There is one little place on the film near an edge where I was trying to relocate a bookmark button one day to the next page and it wouldn't go and I must have dug my nail in a little bit when I moved the Incase edge away to get that button to comply, other than that it looks pristine.

That's pretty amazing, usually my stuff acquires major battle scars because I tend not to like the cases and eventually tote the stuff around naked. The Incase and Power Support Crystal combo have worked out great for me with my iPhone.

16. newyorksole macrumors 68020

I hate when the screen is smudged, I immediately wipe, but when you tilt it a certain way in the light it looks fine. I just use my shirt to wipe, a mix of syliva sometimes and shirt and it's smudge free.

17. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

Almost never with my Invisible Shield. The only time I can see the smudges is when I am in the sun.

18. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Almost never. I carry it naked in my pants pocket and the screen wipes itself while in it.

19. wrkactjob thread starter macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

"I carry it naked in my pants "

How us English chuckle at that.