How often does Apple do refreshes

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chefwong, Oct 16, 2008.

1. chefwong macrumors regular

Been waiting for the *new release* of the MB pro...pc convert.
    I don't really follow Apples hardware refresh intervals - past or present...but do you guys expect any major/minor refreshes in January.

I guess I'll just wait and read on the forums and see if 8 GB memory is officially supported both hardware / software wise.

I was planning to use the new MBP as my workhorse and it would probably have fusion on always, with the vm running and using up a considerable amount of memory...

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. kirbs macrumors member

Its interesting that every four updates there is one update that has a very short time between it and the previous update. It seems like these unexpected updates occur in Jan. Upon further inspection it seems that these short updates were focused on different versions of the pro besides the 15" model.

4. visiondancer macrumors newbie

There were some quick update cycles around the Intel transition, and another quick cycle is likely since they left the 17" out this time. If you study the buyer's guide you'll see that Apple's settled into about an 8-month cycle. The average is kinda skewed by the couple of short cycles that were partial or around the intel transition.

5. jrlcopy macrumors 6502

jrlcopy

These laptops are now practically perfect, don't expect minor refreshes until June/November of next year, of course unless some huge hard drive increase or the introduction of some sort of amazing technology.