How often does Apple receive new shipment?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rhs7787, Jul 14, 2009.

1. rhs7787 macrumors member

Me, being the idiot I am, thought Apple had the 3G(s) stocked up. I was looking for the 16gb white, but both my local Apple and Best Buy stores were completely sold out. Damn. Do any of you guys know when they update their website with availability? I'm sure my best bet would be to get their when they open and check again, but just wondering if they've been backordered for a while now?

2. allymac macrumors member

The availability checker is updated each night for apple stores - but the 16GB has been showing as out of stock in the UK anyways all week now. I have a similar question as I'm desperate to get a phone before next Friday before I go away to a big conference - would save me having to carry a laptop. I've got a crap WinMo phone at the moment that is just no substitute for internet access.

3. iOrlando macrumors 68000

shipments can come in at any time at any part of the day. no rhyme and no reason.

traditionally, they receive shipments to be fully stocked for the weekend (busy shopping days). Looking at that iphone availability chart, alot of times, stores will show out of stock towards sunday, monday, and then will show in stock during mid-week, but there is no set pattern for this.