How often does AT&T update their Direct Fulfillment info online?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cpljwlusmc, Aug 5, 2008.

1. cpljwlusmc macrumors regular

How often does AT&T update the info for the direct fulfillment online tracking service they offer? Is it every 24 hours, or realtime, whenever something changes?

As of August 5, 3:00 PM, it said that my freight and my iPhone was backordered. Just now, August 6, at 12:08 AM, it changed from a 1 to a 0 in the backorder column for my iPhone.

Does it change every 24 hours? Or was that just a coincedence?

2. JWages macrumors regular

all day yesterday (the 4th) it was a 0 for me. all day today (5th) it was a 1. As of like 11:xx pm on the 5th its back to a 0. This whole thing has got me confused. :(

3. MasonMI macrumors regular

The AT&T DF order page updates when the AT&T warehouse receives iphones in their warehouse, once they receive your iphone your status changes from 1 on backorder to 0 on backorder while they're filling orders your status will stay on the 1 on order and when they've completed as many orders as they can yours will go back to 1 on backorder, usually the longer yours stays on 1 on order the better the chances is of your iphone being shipped to the AT&T store it seems they go by date of order at least thats the way it was when i ordered mine on 7/21 and i received it on 8/4 this was for a 16GB in black which takes the longest to come in.

4. cpljwlusmc thread starter macrumors regular

How long does it take the 8GB iPhone to come in?

5. MasonMI macrumors regular

Well my 16GB in black took 2 weeks to come in i think the 8GB's in black are averaging a little less than that.

6. cpljwlusmc thread starter macrumors regular

So I guess 16GB white is the shortest to ship?

I could imagine why, no one's ordering it.

It's only been 3 days since I ordered my iPhone, and it's already of of backorder. I live in Tampa, could that have anything to do with it?

7. MasonMI macrumors regular

Actually the white 16GB iphone is the fastest to ship from what i've seen, it doesn't matter where you live the iphones are usually shipped by date from the warehouse you most likely will have a few more days to wait before yours is shipped the black 8GB and 16GB's usually take longer.

8. Oilbrnr macrumors 6502

My wife's white was ordered on 7/30, shipped 8/4, in Scottsdale ATT store before noon 8/5.

9. apheonixboy macrumors member

apheonixboy

This is what happens to me too.

Check below to see the changes that happen to mine.

Yesterday my 8GB was on backorder...

This morning it was on 0....
    [​IMG]
    As of later today, its back on 1.
    [​IMG]

My order status changes ever few hours.... :confused:

10. JWages macrumors regular

I dont get how this works. Mine is back on a 1 today, after all night being on a 0. So I decided to enter other order numbers randomly, and some before me have 0's and some after me have 0's.

11. cpljwlusmc thread starter macrumors regular

They get shipments every so often, so they make every phone come off of backorder, and then, once they run out of stock to ship, the orders that weren't filled are put back into backorder.

That's a good thing, somewhat, as it means that we just moved up in the line and that some people got their phones shipped. We just have to wait our turn.

I however, won't. I'm just going to cancel this Direct Fulfillment nonsense and just go for pot-luck and try to buy it in an Apple Store.

Well, I cancelled my direct fulfillment with AT&T, and I bought a 16GB model. I'm posting on the forum right now!