Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ma1nstr3am

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2013
How Often Does iCloud Backup and what settings do I need to set in order for the backup to automatic other than connecting to WiFi? :confused:

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
How Often Does iCloud Backup and what settings do I need to set in order for the backup to automatic other than connecting to WiFi? :confused:

It backs up when plugged into a power source, is connected to wifi, and is locked. It won't do this every time it meets this conditions, usually just once a day.

ma1nstr3am

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2013
Is there anyway to allow the automation without putting a passcode on the phone or are you saying just at least having the display in sleep mode/auto-lock (such as after 2,3,4,5 minutes?).

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Is there anyway to allow the automation without putting a passcode on the phone or are you saying just at least having the display in sleep mode/auto-lock (such as after 2,3,4,5 minutes?).

There is no need for a passcode. Locked just means where the screen is asleep and you need to "slide to unlock" to access the phone.

ma1nstr3am

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2013
Awesome, thank you. BTW is there a specific time the iPhone backs up to the iCloud if it meets all conditions or is it just random every day?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Awesome, thank you. BTW is there a specific time the iPhone backs up to the iCloud if it meets all conditions or is it just random every day?

I don't really know but it seems to happen for me most frequently at night. I also manually start the back up several times per week, so I'm sure someone else has a more accurate answer than I do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.