How often does iWork update?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hook'Em2006, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

Just got a MacBook Pro, and I was wondering if I should buy iWork now, or wait if an update is expected relatively soon.

2. Aidoneus macrumors 6502

The iWork updates appear to be fairly sporadic. iWork '09, the current version, was released in January '09.

Many people expected iWork '11 to debut with the Mac App Store in January this year, and and every event subsequent to that. An update could be imminent, it could be months off, it could never happen.

You could always try Apple's 30 day free trail of iWork to tide yourself over for another month, but if you need it now, buy it now. And also bear in mind that it's not like a hardware update, where if you buy at the wrong time, you're out thousands of dollars; it's a relatively cheap software product.

3. Hook'Em2006 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey, I appreciate your helpfulness. I didn't know there was a free trial. I'll give it a try!

4. AFPoster macrumors 65816

There is also a free 30-day trial of Office for Mac. I suggest trying that out as well. I wouldn't suggest getting the version with Outlook seeing as the Mail app is just as good if not better, and when Lion launches the new Mail app will be even better.