How often does Mac update Refurb Availability?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by amash1044, May 16, 2014.

1. amash1044 macrumors newbie

May 16, 2014
    I was about to pull the trigger on a refurbished Oct 13, rMBP '13, 8GB, 256 GB. I slept on it and when I woke up it was unavailable. Does anyone have any idea on when/if that model will return?

I need to buy a new laptop within the next month. Since ~$1,300 is my budget, I was thinking about getting a new 13" Macbook Air with 8GB/256 GB and just live with the fact that it's not the retina screen.

I am an attorney that values long lasting product (I'm replacing a mid-2009 MBP), portability, and speed. Anyone have any advice?
  2. Ray Brady macrumors 6502

Dec 21, 2011
    The Refurb store is updated daily. If there's a particular model you've got your eye on, go to They will send you an email notification when it's available again.
  3. amash1044 thread starter macrumors newbie

May 16, 2014
    And just like that, the model I wanted became available again. I guess they were reading this forum! Purchased
  4. Saint.Icon macrumors regular

May 11, 2014
    I've found that it's generally updated mid-morning. So when something's out, it's best to just check again in a few hours. :)
  5. cruzmisl macrumors regular

Nov 10, 2012
    The late 13 8gb/256gb SSD build comes and goes really fast.
  6. Quackers macrumors 6502a

Sep 18, 2013
    Manchester, UK
    Would that be mid-morning U.S. time or would UK be different, do you think?
  7. Saint.Icon macrumors regular

May 11, 2014
    US - Pacific Time

Though UK will go through the UK Apple store, so it will likely be different.