How often does the App Store app check for updates all by itself?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kahnyl, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Mine never displays the amount of new updates available unless I open it. I think it only checked for itself one time just a few days after the App Store opened.

I posted this here because I thought the App Store sections was specifically for 3rd party app discussion.

2. Prenvo macrumors regular

Prenvo

I assume it checks every few days (sometimes a week or more) as I have the same experience as you.

I'm not sure whether it's caused by incorrectly-packaged updates, but I get a lot of "updates" which I already have installed :p (Google Earth and Labyrinth LE being the last ones I noticed)

Tapping the "Updates" tab while on the App Store quickly seems to "confuse" it too.

3. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Rarely for me do they come up automatically

I usually have to check for them. No biggie though

4. notintheleast macrumors 6502

notintheleast

The only time I can remember it happening was after updating something else... I think it was just cydia updating, and then I magically had app store updates after closing cydia. Thats just the only time I've noticed though..

5. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

Here too.

6. jeremykyle macrumors regular

Everytime I install a new app from iTunes my iPhone automatically checks, and sometimes updates pop up on the App Store on the iPhone. But every time I turn on WiFi it seems like my iPhone checks, because i almost always get an update then (I have lots of apps installed).