How often does the MBP update?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Suno, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Suno macrumors 6502

Suno

Not just specs, but entire revamps. Like if what I'm reading is correct, than the 2012 MBP should be an entirely brand new laptop, instead of just a few tweaks to the specs here and there like it is now. I was wondering if the waiting game is worth it for the 2012 MBP. If Apple comes out with new MBP's every year like they do with the iPhone, than I really wouldn't mind getting the 2011 MBP. But if the 2012 MBP is a brand new laptop that won't be updated for several years, I think a couple months time of wait is worth it.

2. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

MBP = MacBook Pro

3. ThomasBoss macrumors regular

Nobody really knows when, it's just rumors that a new redesign will come out in 2012 and it could be totally refreshed or it couldn't. It's up to you to make the decision.

Do you want/need it now? Go get the 2011
    Are you happy to wait & won't be disappointed if it's just a normal refresh? Wait

Hope I helped. ;)

4. warvanov macrumors 6502a

Nobody here can offer you anything more than pure speculation. Buy what you need.

Yes, there may be a major refresh 6-8 months from now. Also, maybe not.

5. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

They usually go a while between updating the design of the computers, compared to something like say an iPhone or iPod.

Think of the Mac Mini G4, it took until 2010 before there was a significant redesign of the Mini.

The PowerBook G4 design carried its way until the MacBook Pro, and it wasn't until 2008 that they have updated the design to what they have now.

The iMac was updated more often than the rest of the lineup, but looks like they are going to be keeping this design for at least one more year if not two.

The MacBook (not Pro) same can be said.

So in the end, it is really hard to tell, only Apple knows, and remember, their computers aren't iPhones, the designs last a long while.