How often does the Watch sync activities with iPhone?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by SpEe1113, May 8, 2015.

1. SpEe1113 macrumors regular

SpEe1113

Hi all, really appreciate all of the great info that has been shared around here and one question came to mind that I can't seem to find an answer for. I know certain things sync instantly with the watch from iPhone but I've been noticing differences in the activity ring on my watch and the activity ring in the iPhone activity app. Is there a way to "force sync" these so you get accurate data when you open the app? It appears as if it only syncs every X amount of minutes or hours.

2. alxz1194 macrumors member

I'm curious about this as well. Sometime I notice hours go by without it syncing (especially towards the night), other times it syncs up right away

3. alexcue macrumors regular

alexcue

kill the app on the phone.. then restart it. It will sync right up.

4. SpEe1113 thread starter macrumors regular

SpEe1113

I've already tried that, doesn't always work. Perhaps this is something they will address in the next update then. You should be able to pull the screen down (similar to refreshing mail accounts) to force sync it but I guess that feature doesn't exist right now.

5. SpEe1113 thread starter macrumors regular

SpEe1113

Any other ideas? Despite closing and reopening the app it still doesn't sync right most of the time...

6. palemonkey macrumors member

palemonkey

I find opening the health app on the iPhone forces a sync

7. SpEe1113 thread starter macrumors regular

SpEe1113

Occasionally this works for me but I think that may just be luck...I was wondering if the "Progress Updates - Every 4 Hours" setting has anything to do with it...Mine has been out of sync all day long...

What's even more strange is that I went for a 20 min run this morning (hence that should correlate to 20 mins of recorded exercise) using Apple's workout app on the watch. My HR recorded, distances, everything, all good...The workout showed at the bottom of the Activity App BUT the exercise & move rings were not synced properly (exercise showing significantly less than 20 mins). I kept checking back and finally a couple hours later it all synced...strange... Wonder what triggers this or if it is just totally random right now?

8. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

This works!

So frustrating my watch won't sync to the phone. Now it's syncing.