How often is 7-10 Day Delivery Reduced To On Time (9/19)?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NJRonbo, Sep 12, 2014.

1. NJRonbo macrumors 68000

I asked this elsewhere but thought I would go wider....

All of you have more experience buying Apple products than I do.

Just ordered my iPhone 6 Plus

Didn't get delivery on the 19th

I got 7-10 day delivery which is around October 1st.

How likely is that window going to shrink to delivery on the 19th?

In other words, is it likely Apple will get more stock in and reduce most extended delivery times?

2. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

You'll know for sure in a week.

Nobody reliably knows the answer to these questions.

3. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

4. NJRonbo thread starter macrumors 68000

I understand...

However, I am looking for answers on "probability" based on past ordering experiences where there was a 2-week delay.

5. gigapocket1 macrumors 65816

Honestly.. i doubt it.. I think they will try to get any extra stock into stores for walkins..

6. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

The only thing you can hope for is that Apple has a little history of over quoting delivery times here and there so as not to miss some target dates.

Probability? Very slight with a super hyped launch.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

It may come a day or two early but they will not be moving it up to the 19th.

Looks like most the T-Mo phones are delayed in shipping!

8. ZipZap macrumors 601

9. NJRonbo thread starter macrumors 68000

Nope, through Apple store (though it's an AT&T model)

10. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Shipment date is not the same as Delivery date.

Shipment date means the day it will get shipped from china. Delivery date means the anticipated delivery of the iphone to your door. i.e. Shipment date, 7-10 days with a delivery date of Oct. 1-6.

11. Juicy D. Links macrumors 6502

They already have them in the USA in warehouses. They have flown them in for staging and then release

12. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

No one knows for sure. However, some people did get early in the past. On the flip some got late when take said 9/19. I don't think there is a trend solid enough to make a conclusion.

13. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

I was able to add the phone to my cart with a delivery date on release day. When I tried to checkout, it kept giving errors. By the time I could checkout, shipping time had slipped to the 7-10 day mark. When I checked the availability of the same model again (just for amusements sake), it had dropped back to delivery on release day. I doubt I'm lucky enough to have my phone delivered early though.

14. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Some, but a LOT of the preorders are shipped more or less directly from the factory in China.

15. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I know this is a few years ago, but my brother's 4 got shipped earlier than the quoted time.

16. carrerascott macrumors regular

Last night there must of been thousands (or more) of those "we've reserved an iPhone for you" messages. I imagine a LOT of them will expire, and those phones will go to fill the next orders in line. I know I myself got one that will go unused. So, there is hope!

17. BB.King macrumors regular

I'm interested in how the 3 to 4 weeks delivery slots works.

I was amount the 1st batch to get the 3 to 4 weeks delivery time frame, it slipped from 7 to 10 days from during checkout 15 minutes after Apple online store opened in the UK.

Looking at the Apple online store right now, 7hrs after per-order went live, the time frame is still at 3 to 4 weeks for 6 Plus.

So if somebody ordered now with 3 to 4 weeks time frame, does their phone gets allocated based on their ordering time, or do all the orders within 3 to 4 weeks timeframe gets mixed together, and the dispatched based on different system?

18. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

This. This is not my first time one this rodeo

19. selahvie macrumors newbie

In my experience, these usually ship early. With my 4 a few years ago, the quote was the same (7-10 days). I actually got shipment notification on the release day (Friday) and it arrived on Tuesday, shipped straight from China. With my 5, I got mine on release day, but I remember similar stories from those who were quoted longer times. I have two with 7-10 shipping estimates and I'm pretty confident they will come sooner than estimated.

Just like any good company, Apple understands the old adage "under promise, over deliver" - They will have those poor Foxconn employees working 'round the clock to keep customers happy.