How often should I replace my screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ICON5o2, Jan 4, 2012.

1. ICON5o2 macrumors regular

ICON5o2

I have a SGP Crystal clear screen protector installed on my iP4. It's been on my phone since last March. So my question is should I go ahead and install a new one or is it ok to leave them on for long periods of time?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It's fine to leave it on as long as you want.

3. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Replace it when it comes off or it begins to peel or if it has sustained too many scratches. There's no time limit and does not damage the screen at all.

4. ann713 macrumors 6502a

You can leave them on as long as you want, just replace as needed.

5. ICON5o2 thread starter macrumors regular

ICON5o2

Ok thanks for the replies! I'm happy with the install and there are no signs of peeling. There is just a few small scratches but nothing to bad. Looks like I'll be leaving it on awhile longer.

Thanks again!!

6. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

If you're happy with it just leave it on. I also have an SGP screen protector and I won't replace it for long time because it's so perfect.

7. dsquared81 macrumors 6502

I've used screen protectors on all of my iphones since my first 3g and I've replaced it when it had too many scratches or when I've had to replace it at the Genius Bar.

8. thatdrewguy macrumors regular

That's good feedback that it has lasted so long. I love the quality of the SGP ultra crystal after replacing the SGP ultra optics (anti-glare) which I didn't care for and thought it actually showed more fingerprints than the ultra crystal.

9. ICON5o2 thread starter macrumors regular

ICON5o2

I've been really happy with the SGP screen protectors. You can hardly tell I have one on there. They are pretty easy to install and the one I have on there now is almost perfect.