How often to clean watch and Milanese Loop?

jaybar

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
Hi

Any thoughts on how frequently to clean my SB SS Milanese Loop and Watch? This is my first Apple Watch. I want a balance between driving myself crazy and it not unduly building up dirt and grunge. I love the watch BTW.

Thanks

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
I’ll clean it if I’ve worked out. Also usually when switching bands (maybe once every 1-2 week). When switching bands I just use a micro fiber cloth and my breath.

I don’t wear my loop that often so it’s not really dirty. But I have rinsed it on water a couple of times. I’ve had that band for maybe 3 years.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Any thoughts on how frequently to clean my SB SS Milanese Loop and Watch?
Ask yourself, how often do you think _you_ should clean your Apple Watch? No one really here knows that, it’s based on how dirty your watch and band is, only you would need to know how to do that in the first place.

Donnation

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2014
Clean it as often as you want. Be careful when cleaning the space black Milanese loop. Only use a soft cloth and water to clean it as you can harm the coating on it if you use anything abrasive on it.

jaybar

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
Thanks

I am asking b/c I have never cleaned a watch band before.

bbednarz

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2017
Chicago
The band I am not sure. However, my SBSS watch usually ends up in the shower with me as I forget to take it off most times. Ends up getting nice and clean with the rest of me. I've been doing that since I had the original S0 watch. Have done it with the S0, S2, S3, and now the S4. Never had an issue with water getting in or anything. When I am done I will take the band off and dry it real good along with the part of the watch where the band slides in.

jaybar

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
The band I am not sure. However, my SBSS watch usually ends up in the shower with me as I forget to take it off most times. Ends up getting nice and clean with the rest of me. I've been doing that since I had the original S0 watch. Have done it with the S0, S2, S3, and now the S4. Never had an issue with water getting in or anything. When I am done I will take the band off and dry it real good along with the part of the watch where the band slides in.
When you shower, do you worry about soap and the watch?

bbednarz

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2017
Chicago
When you shower, do you worry about soap and the watch?
Nope, when I first got the S0 I was very cautious with it but then little by little I stopped worrying about it. At this point I don't even think about it. The watch goes wherever I go: shower, beach, lake, ocean. I just keep it on and don't think about it. I do also have AppleCare+, so worst case scenario I would just pay the deductible and get a new one.