How often will 'find iphone' app update itself?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Omiacha, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Omiacha macrumors newbie

Hi, I got a brand new ipad 4 for Christmas and I was playing around on it and found it had an app called 'find iphone'. I thought that was a pretty nifty app I could find all my iphones and my ipad. Well my girlfriend possesses one of my old iphones (a jailbroken 3Gs running on straight talk). I love her to death but im afraid she may not be the most trustworthy person in the world. I accidently discovered that my ipad app 'find iphone' shows both my iphone location and hers. I thought wow this could be useful if i ever suspect she might be lieing to me about where she is or whats shes doing. Today I put it to the test. She is in a completely different state visiting family for a month and she informed me she had a migraine and was lying down for a while. After an hour or so I txted her and no response. I decided id take a look to see where she really was. To my horror when I opened the app it actually didnt show her at the apartment where she was supposed to be with her family "resting" instead it showed her about 30mins away at a bowling alley. Now before people say im extremely insecure this girl lies constantly to her parents so if shes going to lie to them she sure as heck could just as easily lie to me. I ended up confronting her about it and she admitted to going to the bowling alley to drop off her little cousin that was when she came down with the severe migraine and had to lay down. She claims that she txted me that she was laying down and didnt feel well on her way BACK to the apartment. HOWEVER, my app put her at the bowling alley about 2 hours later. My question to you knowledgeable folks is if the app could seriously be off 2 hours or if she was more than likely lieing about the migraine (which she adamantly swears by to the point of getting upset with me). Im simply trying to figure out if I have caught her in this minor lie...if so then I gotta consider my relationship with her and wonder what major things she may of lied about if shes going to lie about something as trivial as this. I thank you for your responses.

2. thomasanderson macrumors member

From my understanding everytime you tap on a specific friend or device the app refreshes to provide a current gps location, not a static location for a set amount of time. So if you tapped your girlfriends device 2 hours later, and saw the word locating... and the bowling alley came up again, sorry to say dude but she was still throwing spares and strikes(whether at the pins, or someone I dont know) and for some reason was avoiding you. :eek:

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom