How often will the apple stores get stock?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by itsjustmeee, Jun 19, 2010.

1. itsjustmeee macrumors 6502a

So, not being one of the people that actually got through on ATT&Ts or Apple's site on the big pre-order day, or not being one to camp out in front of my local Apple store overnight, I'm wondering just how often it will receive stock. I'm guessing that they will probably sell out the morning of the 24th. Do the Apple stores get to replenish their stock daily ....... a couple times a week ..... once a week?

2. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

for recent releases there has been a link on the apple website where you can check the stock of your local apple store the night before. I know that the stores in the more populated areas would get shipments everyday.

3. itsjustmeee thread starter macrumors 6502a

I wasn't aware of the link on the Apple website ....... thanks for the info. It seems to me that I have a much better chance of getting one sooner in the store than ordering one and dealing with the "ships by July 14th" thing.

4. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I agree. If Apple keeps getting them in stock again, you are better off going to the store and getting one sooner than you could if you ordered on online.

5. mb2008 macrumors regular

Last two launches, I missed the morning stock, and the store employees told the line that they "may" get another shipment. I stayed in line both times, the 3G launch they got two shipments while I was in line, the 3GS they got one.

So I think it's even more frequently than daily for some of the bigger stores the first week. Then again, this launch seems to have a very limited supply.

6. LKV11G macrumors newbie

I'm so very close to finally switching from Verizon to ATT for the iPhone. My contract is up with Verizon on July 11. I know it's all speculation but what are the odds I will be able to walk into an Apple store on say July 14 or 15 and walk out with one? Three weeks after the initial release, do you think they will have the supply build up by then?

7. DotCom2 macrumors 68040

The Apple store nearest to me got 2 shipments a day for a while.
    San Diego area.

8. PorterRocks macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

I think you would be able to. The biggest flow of customers will be next weekend for sure.