How old are you guys?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Taustin Powers, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Not sure if this place allows "off topic" threads like this, but I was wondering how old everyone here is. It's pretty much the only gaming board I frequent, cause it seems to be fairly free of the usual bullplop you find in most places.

I am 30, btw. :) Been playing games since the original Game Boy came out (well, some C64 before that - Maniac Mansion ruled my day even then!), but never owned more than one home console per generation. (SNES, and the three Playstations)

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

21 here. Been playing since the first Playstation (some other games before but it was my first console) and so far I have PS1, PS2 and PS3

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Well i'm young enough to know the Jonas bros suck but old enough to have first gamed on 3D Monster Maze (I was very young but still remember playing it)... :eek: :D

But I've had so many gaming systems in my lifetime it's scary. Pretty much every console bar the NeoGeo as it was way too expensive, and practically all major home computers. I have also worked on computer games including Yogi Bear for Codemasters back in the day when it was on cassette :D

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

23, university grad, game aficionado, female, 16, homeschooled, seeking good times with older male.

Started with a Spectrum as a 4 year old (first game was Ghostbusters on it). NES soon after, Amiga, etc. Been developing games since I was 8 (thanks AMOS and module trackers :D). Prefer handhelds. Values music too highly in games, gameplay second. Been working on a super massive AGA-styled metroidvania for the last 3 years and it's still not finished.

5. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

19, and my first console was a SNES when I was 5 years old. Been playing ever since. :)

Im actually going to buy a new SNES from my local game store for 30$ soon. So excited. :D

6. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

18, and like Unspoken Demise I've been playing since I was 5, first console was also a SNES (still have it somewhere, plus 5 or so games...). Actually got out of the gaming circuit for a few years (around 4 years, IIRC). Ended up buying a Wii on December 31 2007 (the fact it was New Year's Eve is what reminds me ;) ), but sold that November 2008. First 'serious' console was a PS3, got it April last year. Then got a 360 when I sold my Wii... recently added a PS2 to the collection, as my PS3 was the first without PS2 BC.

7. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I'm 26 years old and my first gaming console was an Atari when I was 4 years old.

Other consoles I've had:
    - NES
    - Gameboy
    - Gamegear
    - Nintendo 64
    - Playstion, Playstation 2, Playstation 3

I currently only have a Playstation 2 and Playstation 3.

Although, it might look like I'm a gamer by the consoles I've had, I rarely play games. I used to play a lot when I was younger (about 2-3 times a week), but now, it's not much. If I do play, it's either football games (Madden, NCAA) or it's Grand Theft Auto.

8. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

I am old enough to have had an original Atari, Phillips Videopac, Speccy, Vic 20, C64, AMCPC464 & 6128, Amigas (many), Atari ST, BBC Micro 32 and 128, Acorn Electron & Archimedes, SNES, NES, Megadrive (original one), Dreamcast, Saturn, PS1.

Nowadays I only play on my Mac and PC (FPS games). Maybe Ill go to the Wii for the fun games....

(and yes I also remember Bagpuss)

35 years young and still acting 16 - Happy Bunnies :)

9. capoeirista macrumors 6502

29y/o. Acorn Electron->Gameboy->SNES->Amiga 1200->PS1->PS2->GB Micro->Gamecube->DS->Another DS.

In that order I think! Now I only play DS and Peggle on iPhone. PhD+bills=no more consoles for the time being! I am thinking about buying a PS3 next year though. That said, I'll probably have to buy a telly to go with it as well...

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

You both make me feel old :(

At least I look a lot younger than I am :)

You mean there are people who don't ? :eek: :)

11. danny_w macrumors 601

I guess I'm the oldster around here at 56, been gaming since the old S100 CP/M days. The first console that I remember owning was Dreamcast, but my son started with a SNES. My first PC game that I remember fondly was Loom (Lucas Arts) but then I played fps games for a long time after that. Nowadays I just have my Mac, PS2, and Gamecube, but will probably get a PS3 Slim.

12. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm old enough to know that Lil Wayne sucks and does not represent hip hop and young enough to drool over Taylor Swift.

Been gaming all my life from the Atari 2700.

Bless

13. nullx86 macrumors 6502a

nullx86

18 in 6 days :D

Right now, in college for computer engineering. First console i owned was the original PSX (not PS1, there is a difference!), first handheld was the Game Boy Color. I remember playing the N64, Sega and PSX. Those days were fun. Starfox 64! I still have my old PSX sitting on a shelf next to me (and its fully functional after about 12 years of thrashing!) and the games with it. I must be one of the younger ones on here.. I dont have any other consoles or anything, and the PSX stays on my shelf, as history.

14. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I'm 15 now, and I started I have no idea when, with the first gameboy.
    After that, I used to play Halo 1 on the Xbox all the time in '02, then got a PS2 of my own (The xbox was my cousins), and after that broke, got a 360.

I've had a PSP, and a Gameboy Advance as portables. Oh, also, before my PS2, my cousin gave me his SNES, that broke, so I trashed it like the stupid kid I was back then...

15. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

Im 20. I started out with an NES back in the day and eventually got a game boy. Then i had a Genesis, PS1, ps2, xbox, psp, ps3, and ds. I still have my NES and Genesis and found an Atari 5200 for a few dollars at a yard sale along with an N64. I love old games and consoles. I really want an SNES. I think it would round out my collection nicely.

16. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

47, but started gaming late-ish

Atari 2600>NES>Genesis>Gameboy>32x>PS>Gamecube>GBA SP>PS2>Xbox>PSP>DS>Xbox 360>Wii>PS3

17. PCtoMAC? macrumors member

23 here. First console was an original Nintendo,NES>Sega Genesis>Sega CD>PS 1>PS2 and now I have a 360. The time between the PS2 and the 360 was infected with Counter Strike Source.....

18. nullx86 macrumors 6502a

nullx86

I have to call bull on the original game boy part. Original GB came out before you were born, so unless you got a hand-me-down, it was not the Original GB. /me knows his nintendo stuff :D

19. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I don't think it matters when it came out. I got my classic Gameboy in 96 years after its original launch. Hell I didn't get a Dreamcast until 2002 (you know that doesn't sound too long after launch but shops didn't stock the games then), heh. The whole thing cost £30 and came with 3 controllers, arcade stick, 30 original games. Was more than made up :D.

Spectrum, Amiga, NES, Mega Drive, Gameboy, first PC, N64 and PS1 (on the same day no less! Spoilt kid ;)), GBA, Gamecube, GBA SP, Gameboy player (that count?), Dreamcast, Xbox, DS, Gameboy Micro, PSP-1000, DS Lite, PSP-2000, Xbox 360.
    By far I think the best console I ever played was the GBA. First Pokemon, first Metroid, first time I played Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Link to the Past, first Final Fantasy.

20. mslide macrumors 6502a

32. First console I had was an Intellivision, followed by an Atari 7800, NES and a whole bunch after that. Currently, XBox 360 and DS Lite (plus I game on my Mac).

21. michaelltd macrumors regular

michaelltd

25. Started with the NES. Currently a senior at DigiPen enrolled in the RTIS program.

I've owned an NES, Game Boy, SNES, Game Boy Color, N64, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP, GameCube, PS2, Nintendo DS, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, and PS3, in that order I think...

22. appledyl macrumors regular

appledyl

:) Old enough to remember the classic mac game "Marathon". medium enough to remember Gameboy Advance and young enough to know that Keane, Muse, Lostprophets, Louis Armstrong, and U2 are good.

23. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I'm 17. I didn't start playing video games for a bit, but started with a Gameboy Color and then a PS1.

24. Maserati7200 macrumors 6502a

Maserati7200

11230, Midwood, Brooklyn, NY, USA, North America
    16 years old, first started playing with N64's and GameBoy Pockets..