Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Qaanol, Mar 8, 2013.
Myself, I'm looking to replace my mid-2007 15.4" MBP.
Haswell is going to be a small move forward in power and a moderate move forward in lower power consumption and integrated graphics.
It just doesn't grab my attention...
Late 2007 MBP.
Lol @ whoever voted 2013.
21 days old. I just missed the 14 day return window due to the nature of the unresolved problem with my 15" MBP retina.
It's got the runaway fan speed problem that Apple is silent on. Even as the 25 page thread of users grows at the Apple.com community forum. Our diagnosis seems to isolate the SanDisk SSD equipped models only.
Therefore leaving buyers hanging in the wind... wondering if it will resolved or not.
Will it require hardware repairs?
We it simply be a software update?
Have we wasted our money?
What I _ do _ know is mine has become worse & worse to the point of completely interrupting my work flow.
It's not Haswell I want, it's simply a desire to get what I paid for. A new MBPr that works as it should.
Apple has seriously begun to fail in their quality control responsibilities.
So quick to judge....
I don't plan on upgrading with Haswell.
now I think of it, it would be interesting to cross-reference How old is your computer? with Do you plan to upgrade to Haswell when it comes out?
I'm thinking to buy a rMcbook with haswell and with my MBA 13" late 2012 i let my girlfriend to use it. But i hope that Haswell will be come to macbook lineup family in mid of 2013, i don't think ill wait more than August
You know that saying about mountains and molehills?
For the record, I'm affected (512gb Sandisk) and the fan has kicked in unnecessarily perhaps 5 times in 3 weeks of ownership. Maybe if it affected battery life or happened more frequently I might be more bothered. Wait for the SMC update and quit fussing.
So a fan interrupts your workflow? Seriously? You must get distracted ridiculously easy then.
I probably wont entertain upgrading until I get a good hands on with a machine that has it on board. Also depends on what else Apple decides to change/upgrade besides the processor.
Plus my machine is still extremely new, but Apples resale value is so good that I'd consider upgrading if the changes were in fact very much to my liking.
We shall see...
It's a banner day for the know it alls.
You act like just because yours rarely does it you have all the answers. Well you've failed.
The problem? Go look in the mirror.
Now I don't have to lookup the definition of smart ass
While reading your post, my fan randomly kicked into high gear.
There's a lesson about karma in here somewhere, but I can't be bothered to get off my high horse and find it.
Haven't decide yet
which means I'll be upgrading the first day it's released.
Oh for god's sake... Most of you are going to replace your 2013 machines?
Ain't buyin' it - you bunch of poll fibbers.
Twenty eight pages later:
This fan racing problem has finally hit the mainstream blogosphere. The front page of MacRumors, Apple insider and others.
Here's hoping Apple does the right thing and takes care of this problem that I get reminded of every day as the fans go crazy for no apparent reason on my late 15" 2012 MBPr equipped with the SanDisk SSD.
It is the same SSD that 99% of the others have reported as having in their brand new MBP retina models.
im waiting for rMBP haswell
currently have a 2008 macbook
I'm planning on replacing my early 2011 MBP. That one will be handed down to my girlfriend.
I'm holding out for Broadwell (Late 2011 currently) and hoping for 17" to make a comeback