How organized is your iPhone??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 2015Girl, Oct 8, 2016.

1. 2015Girl macrumors 6502

2015Girl

2. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

The icons on my home screens are always kept in alphabetical order with no folders. This seems to work best for me.

3. CMoore515 macrumors member

Very. Everything I have is in folders except for Calendar, Weather, Camera, Photos, Mail, Wallet, Settings, and the App Store on the first screen. Plus my springboard dock, which is Messages, Phone, Safari and Music. IMG_0052.PNG IMG_0053.PNG

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

That's a lot of applications. Nicely organized through.

5. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

What is a springboard dock?

6. krazirob macrumors member

krazirob

I honestly don't have many apps on my phone. I use my MacBook for most of my work.

[​IMG]

7. krazirob macrumors member

krazirob

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

My iPhone is jailbroken.

2016-10-08 21.23.52.jpg

9. ideal.dreams, Oct 8, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016

ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

My phone is organized but by a standard more than just alphabetization. All of my apps are just where I like them. The home screen are all of the stock Apple apps plus Facebook, Twitter, 1Passsword, and Youtube. Second page are all third party utilities that I use most. Third and fourth pages are games I play, from frequent to infrequent. Any overflow goes into a folder on the fourth page. Fifth page is more utilities/things I don't use often.

I avoid using folders unless I have at least 6 apps that I can put in there. A folder with 2 apps in it looks ridiculous in my opinion. I'm not crazy that we only get a 3x3 grid (especially on a 12.9" iPad "Pro" and 5.5" iPhone, seriously Apple????) so I tend to avoid using them altogether.

10. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I personally can't stand folders on my first page as I feel it defeats the point. For me that page is reserved for items I use daily, closer to the bottom and items I use at least weekly (up top) with the idea that daily use is quickly accessible one handed.

I keep everything else in folders on page two.

11. tallazzPilipino, Oct 8, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  12. mitchsaunders macrumors 6502

First page: Default Apple Apps
    Second page: Apps I use often/everyday (or need to get to quickly)
    Third page: Apps I don't use that often, but use here and there (Monopoly and Candid aren't in folders because they're apps that will be deleted soon)

Attached Files:

13. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

I've never thought about it before, but there really should be a setting to toggle that will automatically alphabetize your apps.

14. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

15. akash.nu macrumors 68030

akash.nu

Liking the emoji in folder name approach.

16. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

I have a folder/category per row, with my three most used from each category sitting to the right of it to finish each row. I find this system really works for me and I like how it looks. I also like using emojis for the folder names.
    Had to be a bit flexible with some of my catsgorising such as putting safari in the entertainment row, for easy access as I like it near the bottom.
    Only issue with this system is the rows become messed up when viewing in landscape mode. But I rarely use the home screen in landscape mode so I'm happy to overlook that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    --- Post Merged, Oct 9, 2016 ---
    They've jailbroken, which allows you to customise a lot more and basically change the entire OS.

17. Bigads macrumors regular

Bigads

I am exactly the same. iPhone, iPad, MacBook all organised the same way.

18. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

First page contains the things I use regularly enough to warrant them being there (last spot is always for whatever app I'm currently developing.)

Everything else gets tucked away neatly into folders.
    Yeah so I'm boring, I just like a bit of organisation to make my life easier :D

IMG_1163.PNG

IMG_1165.PNG

19. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

First page is simply the wallpaper I have been using.
    Second page stock apps along with those third-party ones that I use most (dictionaries, password manager, banking etc.).
    Third page apps that I need but rarely use.
    Fourth page stock apps I never use.
    I don't like folders, so I have none.

20. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

deadly boring organized but cant do anything to it without jb :/

21. geta macrumors 6502a

Don’t like having many pages, as well as screen full with apps\icons, i prefer having a gap between the dock and the rest of the apps, so in the first page im having 3 raws with the apps im using on a daily basis, second page im having 2 raws with folders that contains all the other apps that im using few times a year, but need to have them around for that special moments.

22. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Fairly organized, I have only two screen panels, a handful of folders and my apps are organized by productivity first then games.

I don't have that many apps on my phone, I purposely limit what I install and that benefits my usage patterns