How outrageous is running windows from SD card?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by sonicrobby, Jul 3, 2013.

1. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

So Im getting a 128GB SD card for some of my auxilliary files (movies, tv shows, etc.). But then I thought to myself, instead of moving my data files over, why not move my widows bootcamp partition to the SD card?

I never understood the importance of drive's transfer speeds on performance. And I know the SD card is significantly slower than my SSD. So how would running solidworks from a windows bootcamp on an SD be: Bearable? or OMG WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?! sort of thing. Please be detailed in your responses if possible, it would be much appreciated.

Just because I know Im going to be heavily scrutinized and scorned for my idea, but just indulge me to the "what if". I know there are other and better options, Im just looking for an answer to this specific question.

Thanks in advance! :D

2. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

Because Windows will fail to boot if you do that.

3. sonicrobby thread starter macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

well not literally move it. Remove my data, delete the partition, and reinstall it on the SD card. Didnt think I had to state that in the OP :p