how play music from iPhone to home stereo

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by billwerth, Oct 22, 2016.

1. billwerth macrumors newbie

Having trouble swiping up the iPhone home page to get the airport, e tc. settings. and, if that does happen by a miracle, what do I tap on that page to get the music to come through the stereo? I have the correct port on the amp.... thanks.

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Are you plugging the phone in or trying to stream via AirPlay?

3. billwerth thread starter macrumors newbie

I have an Apple router plugged into my stereo, and this has worked in the past- it's just lately, maybe due to an iPhone6 update, that I can't put my finger on the bottom of the screen and rapidly sweep up to the top of the screen and then use the icon to play the music through my stereo. I'm sure this is a very very basic question - maybe I should get over to the Apple store nearest me and have them look at the device.

In any case, many thanks for your quick reply. I only found out about it this morning when I got a "Replies you missed" notice from MacRumors.

Bill

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

So you're mostly having an issue bringing up the control center. Did you recently start using a different case? Install a screen protector?

Alternatively, its possible your phone is experiencing symptoms of "touch disease."

Which music app are you using? Most have some sort of airplay button built in. Maybe that would work better?