How quick is the turnaround on logic board replacements?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iphone305, Sep 30, 2012.

1. iphone305 macrumors member

Went in to the apple store today for a faulty headphone jack on my MacBook Pro and was told the logic board was no good. They offered to replace the logic board and said it would take about a week. However a couple of hours later I got a email saying its ready for pickup. Was it a mistake or legit? Seems kind of weird.

2. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

If they happened to have the logic board for your computer in stock, it could have been that quick. Call the Apple store and ask?

3. AzN1337c0d3r macrumors 6502

It depends on how busy the store is. But for me typically if I have them order the part and wait for it to arrive before I send in the laptop it is a next-day deal.

4. Macloven macrumors regular

Macloven

Had a board replaced on old mbpro, dropped it off and got a call on my way home that it was done. About an hour total as they had the board in stock. Not bad service :)

5. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

It's definitely possible. They always under-quote so they can over-deliver (it's good customer service). If they had the part in stock, I can do one in about 20 minutes (if I'm taking it easy). I can't imagine any reason to assume they're wrong about it being ready.

jW

6. Ledgem macrumors 65816

Ledgem

I had my early 2008 MBP's logic board replaced back in spring 2012. They said it would take the weekend, but if I remember right it was done within 24-48 hours.