How quick is the turnaround on logic board replacements?

iphone305

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
Went in to the apple store today for a faulty headphone jack on my MacBook Pro and was told the logic board was no good. They offered to replace the logic board and said it would take about a week. However a couple of hours later I got a email saying its ready for pickup. Was it a mistake or legit? Seems kind of weird.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Went in to the apple store today for a faulty headphone jack on my MacBook Pro and was told the logic board was no good. They offered to replace the logic board and said it would take about a week. However a couple of hours later I got a email saying its ready for pickup. Was it a mistake or legit? Seems kind of weird.
If they happened to have the logic board for your computer in stock, it could have been that quick. Call the Apple store and ask?

Comment

AzN1337c0d3r

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2010
It depends on how busy the store is. But for me typically if I have them order the part and wait for it to arrive before I send in the laptop it is a next-day deal.

Comment

Macloven

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2008
Had a board replaced on old mbpro, dropped it off and got a call on my way home that it was done. About an hour total as they had the board in stock. Not bad service :)

Comment

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
It's definitely possible. They always under-quote so they can over-deliver (it's good customer service). If they had the part in stock, I can do one in about 20 minutes (if I'm taking it easy). I can't imagine any reason to assume they're wrong about it being ready.

jW

Comment

Ledgem

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2008
Hawaii, USA
I had my early 2008 MBP's logic board replaced back in spring 2012. They said it would take the weekend, but if I remember right it was done within 24-48 hours.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.