How quickly does Apple ship refurbs?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sprtnbsblplya, Apr 8, 2009.

1. sprtnbsblplya macrumors regular

Just ordered a refurb Macbook Pro 2.4ghz LED/multi-touch laptop from Apple, super excited, been wanting one of these for awhile. I'm just curious how long Apple takes between an order placement early in the day and shipping the laptop out the door?
    Ordered expedited shipping, hoping it gets here sooner rather than later.

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

In my experience exactly as fast as anything else, which is to say it'll probably ship late the same day or the next day. Occasionally something will hold an order up for an extra day, but that's no more or less likely with a refurb than any other product.

Remember, the rule when you order a new Mac is to check the Order status page approximately every 30 minutes, until you get a FedEx tracking number at which point you drag the FedEx results page into your bookmark bar and click it about every five minutes compulsively until the package is on the truck. At that point you call in sick and wait at home until the doorbell rings.

3. sprtnbsblplya thread starter macrumors regular

Apple just amazed me. They seriously ship faster than Newegg's rush shipping.
    I ordered at 12:45pm, and it shipped by 5pm, that is some serious speed.
    With 2-3 shipping I should have a package I ordered at noon on a Wednesday by noon on a Friday, holla!

Talk about a company that knows how to please their customers...

4. zipsil macrumors newbie

I bought a refurb MacBook last week I ordered at 10am ET monday and paid for the overnight shipping(20$) it arrived at 2pm ET Tuesday.

Once it shipped they sent the tracking number but it took a couple hours for it to show anything. I think as part of the overnight shipping it will arrive before 3pm.

5. Makosuke macrumors 603

Heh. Not really surprising; I ordered a mini with the cheap shipping from Apple and despite the fact that it shipped direct from China it still beat most of the stuff I ordered from other stores in the US.

The only place I've ever bought from that is faster is OWC; I once ordered a large piece of server hardware in a semi-emergency from them, shipped overnight. I placed the order at 3:45pm Pacific time on Wednesday, had a tracking number within 3 hours, and it was at my door at 1:30pm Thursday. What's even more impressive is that they're in Illinois (warehouse and office). Meaning I placed the order at 5:45pm local time and they still got it boxed (huge box) and on a truck at the 7pm evening FedEx pickup.