How quickly does upgrade eligibility refresh after cancelling?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marddin, Sep 23, 2013.

1. marddin macrumors 6502

How quickly does upgrade eligibility refresh after cancelling?

I ordered online with 7-10 business days but my local apple store has 5S silver 32gb in stock. My service is AT&T.

Thannks

2. alansmallen macrumors 6502a

Last year I was able to cancel while at my local store and it refreshed in time, but YMMV.

3. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure, but you could cancel, print out the cancellation confirmation email/screen grab, and bring it with you to the store. They can call (or you could call) AT&T to confirm.

4. salimdao macrumors member

salimdao

I did this today as soon as I saw my Apple Store had it in stock. My upgrade restored in minutes. It was quick enough for me to cancel and order a 64GB Gold before it was gone. I've seen other who said that they were still waiting though.

5. marddin thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for all the quick responses everyone.

So right now I have an apple online order that's still processing for an att 5S silver 32gb. Should I cancel now and go to apple when it opens at 10am tmrw and I should be good?

----------

Or should I cancel now and attempt to order online immediately after and select in store pick up for 10am tmrw?

6. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Just give them a call and they'll restore your upgrade on the phone. Did that a couple of times.

7. marddin thread starter macrumors 6502

YOLO, I just cancelled my Apple online order. Hopefully my upgrade will become available quickly so I can place an in store pick up order as soon as possible.

8. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

I did the same thing, mine was almost instant.

9. marddin thread starter macrumors 6502

Good idea. On the phone right now.

10. cbronfman macrumors 6502

Just a few minutes if that

I canceled when I found an Apple Store in Clarendon had just what I wanted in stock and only 15 people ahead of me (very well organized, we each were given al little card with what we wanted on it, so that was removed from inventory). It was canceled almost immediately. Now that was Friday about 3pm when I had placed the order at 4am (ET for both). I think so long as it hasn't entered "prepared for shipment," you should be able to cancel and the upgrade will reset within a few minutes. I got a confirmation back right away.

11. JLEW700 macrumors 6502

For those who had the cancellation take place immediately did you cancel online or over the phone?

12. marddin thread starter macrumors 6502

I can confirm this. My upgrade came back within minutes of canceling my order that was still "processing". I think the key here is if it is still in the "processing" state. I bet if it was "preparing to ship" or shipping then it would be longer or take some assistance from AT&T.

I just submitted an order for my 5S at my local apple store available for pick up today.

----------

I cancelled online on the apple website. Cancelled online, waited 2 min, upgrade became available.

13. VeNoMiZeD macrumors 6502

I canceled my apple order on Friday at noon, but before I did that I went to the AT&T store made sure the phone was there and had the salesperson hold the phone during my turn while I made the call. I had to call 611 after because it didn't immediately after refresh. They verified and the AT&T phone rep was able to update it. You need to call apple before, to make sure your order can be cancelled and isn't already in its second stage.

14. gSOLO macrumors member

gSOLO

Thanks for the tip. Just cancelled my Oct 8-11 delivery order and immediately thereafter ordered for in store pickup at the contract price.