How quiet is the Macbook Air

rza130

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2012
I currently have a Macbook Pro 15 inch and it can very very loud and hot. Is the MBA any better in this regard?

theConvinced

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2011
2011 Model 13" 4GB ram

I currently have a Macbook Pro 15 inch and it can very very loud and hot. Is the MBA any better in this regard?
Generally it is whisper quite for me you can not hear it in an office environment or in my home office. At times it seems to snag on maybe a flash page and the fan kicks in. You can definitely hear it then. Its a once a week thing for me. I don't think much of it as I usually have 20 -30 tabs open in safari so price I pay. A restart usually remedies the issue.

SpoekGTi

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2012
The Netherlands
It depends on your usage, mostly i don't hear my MBA 2012 at all, not even watching youtube clips on 1080p, the lack of dedicated GPU is mostly the plus on that.

I find that i start to hear the fan noise around 4K RPM and that's with recoding video and when i play Diablo 3 that really gets him hot and noisy, but hey it runs not bad then.

rza130

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2012
Thanks guys. Yeah on my MBP the fans can get really annoying when I watch netflix and the battery goes really quick as well. Hopefully the MBA will be better. Ordered the 13 inch with 256 8 g ram.

SpoekGTi

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2012
The Netherlands
Thanks guys. Yeah on my MBP the fans can get really annoying when I watch netflix and the battery goes really quick as well. Hopefully the MBA will be better. Ordered the 13 inch with 256 8 g ram.
Nice, i have the same config but 2012 model :p enjoy your new mac